• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt Tunnel Bag? Where do I put the Shovel

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I have been using a trash compactor bag inside my polaris bag and it works real well. I put my survival gear in the compactor bag and put that in the polaris bag and than anything i don't care about getting wet, i just put next to the compactor bag, in the tunnel bag.

I rode with chris burandt in 2009, so i don't have a clue what he has now for safety gear. but remeber the burandt ride was not a clinic but a ride. Way different than what i take dan adams next level riding clinics to be. I personally don't think you could compare the two. but i also rode with chris when he was artic cat, maybe polaris has different rules. I don't know, I will say if you think you can ride, go ride with chris and find out where you truly stand.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
I have been using a trash compactor bag inside my polaris bag and it works real well. I put my survival gear in the compactor bag and put that in the polaris bag and than anything i don't care about getting wet, i just put next to the compactor bag, in the tunnel bag.

I rode with chris burandt in 2009, so i don't have a clue what he has now for safety gear. but remeber the burandt ride was not a clinic but a ride. Way different than what i take dan adams next level riding clinics to be. I personally don't think you could compare the two. but i also rode with chris when he was artic cat, maybe polaris has different rules. I don't know, I will say if you think you can ride, go ride with chris and find out where you truly stand.

o.k. i was just talking about a tunnel bag. good discussion about riding with burandt though. must have been sweet.

H

HenkeEdge

Sep 3, 2012
Sweden
i love these threads where someone asks about mounting a shovel to a sled and then there are the select few that get up on that high horse and try to **** on the original poster by saying "man you dumb f*ckin R8tard... CARRY IT ON YOUR BACK OR EVERYONE ON THE MOUNTAIN WILL DIE THAT DAY!!!". good hell people.. answer the damn question and move on!

to the topic, collapsable shovel is the only way i see to keep a shovel in the burandt bag.

Yeah to topic again:

Doesn´t it look like a harness on top of the bag for maby a showel in this vid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US54dxOj5H0&feature=youtu.be&t=3m35s

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Snapped some pics for my Polaris Peeps at the Puyallup show with 2 different sizes of BCA shovels (thanks IceAge)...

The smaller shovel size fits better... but both work.
There is a velcro strap to hold the shaft in place in the bag... and a pouch with elastic to hold onto it.

I turned the bag around for better viewing... Pretty good grab and go performance from this.

Cheers.:face-icon-small-ton
MH!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

X
Dec 10, 2009
Thanks for the post! The bag looked much more "rigid" in the Polaris pictures. Are they only claiming that the two pouches in the top of the bag to be waterproof?

I'm wondering when the dealer will be getting these instock?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
MacDawg... the bag is Polaris Accessories...

The shovels were LOANED to me to test on the bag (hence the thank you)

Bag is heavy duty...Up to the OGIO standards we are all used to.

Looks like a great bag to me.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
MH do you have a part number for that bag? I like that it uses the tunnel slots for mounting in the back per pics, does it use them up front too? Do you think the shovel is "stuck" in that bag even when banging down a trail for 20 miles? It looks really easy to get out, almost too easy.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
MH do you have a part number for that bag? I like that it uses the tunnel slots for mounting in the back per pics, does it use them up front too? Do you think the shovel is "stuck" in that bag even when banging down a trail for 20 miles? It looks really easy to get out, almost too easy.

Sorry man, wanted to hit green thumb.

Premium Features