• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low profile tunnel shovel bag

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Looking for a low profile tunnel bag to that can carry a shovel, tool roll and some para-cord.

The smaller the better, not looking for a suitcase. The BCA tunnel bag is even too big for me.

Any options out there?

The smaller the better, physical size and price.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Those burandt bags are bigger then I want, it’s too long and tall.

The OG pro ride shovel bag was ok size wise, slightly big imo, so looking for something that size or smaller that can hold a shovel.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i hate carrying anything on the tunnel so i've been looking for 3 seasons now for a small, waterproof bag. i settled on a 15L duffel bag with zip top. roll tops are great but are a hassle if you're repeatedly opening them up. i have a limb saw, tow strap, tool kit, half gallon camelback water bladder, medical kit, and a few more odds and ends. i strap it down right behind the tank and sometimes in conjunction with a 2 gallon fuel bladder that rolls up to almost nothing when empty.
i carry 2 shovels, one in my avy vest and one on the sled but there's no dedicated shovel storage with a duffel bag so what i do is put the business end of the shovel upside down on top of the duffel but underneath the mounting straps which are bungee cords. the handle end gets secured to the tunnel by another bungee with a loop or two around the handle. the bungee hooks go on the last set of linq brackets.
Amazon product ASIN B085JKTPZC

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
Those burandt bags are bigger then I want, it’s too long and tall.

The OG pro ride shovel bag was ok size wise, slightly big imo, so looking for something that size or smaller that can hold a shovel.
There is a long and short size in the burandt bags, the short one is barely big enough to hold a shovel, and really doesn't hold a lot. It is MUCH smaller than the BCA bag.

Maybe look at an underseat bag and a way to strap a shovel to the tunnel, that's the only way I can see getting smaller storage.

gdn

Premium Member
Dec 29, 2012
SE So Dak

Polaris 2876015 - They're an old style soft bag with a shovel holder & were about as small as I have seen, but trying to actually find one will be the problem cuz they don't make them anymore. Quick look online & I found pics but none in stock.​

D
Nov 3, 2022
Melbourne
i hate carrying anything on the tunnel so i've been looking for 3 seasons now for a small, waterproof bag. i settled on a 15L duffel bag with zip top. roll tops are great but are a hassle if you're repeatedly opening them up. i have a limb saw, tow strap, tool kit, half gallon camelback water bladder, medical kit, and a few more odds and ends. i strap it down right behind the tank and sometimes in conjunction with a 2 gallon fuel bladder that rolls up to almost nothing when empty.
i carry 2 shovels, one in my avy vest and one on the sled but there's no dedicated shovel storage with a duffel bag so what i do is put the business end of the shovel upside down on top of the duffel but underneath the mounting straps which are bungee cords. the handle end gets secured to the tunnel by another bungee with a loop or two around the handle. the bungee hooks go on the last set of linq brackets.
Amazon product ASIN B085JKTPZC
Sounds like a great place to shovel to me. I wouldn't look for a separate bag for the shovel.
Hi all.

Premium Features