• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Box Stock M8 vs Pro...1st Outing....VIDEO

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
If Wyoboy would have been riding the Cat he would have went over the top of the hill before the Poo got out of its trench! Jab jab! I'm sure the Cat wasn't "Set up right." I haven't tried one yet for myself, but I was expecting the Cat to beat the Poo. I thought the new chassis along with the great motor would have edged out the Poo's, but looks like my old '11 Pro isn't obsolete yet.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
When the sleds are this close in performance, it just adds a little more fun factor to the whole riding experience. If one was to walk away form the other then it just wouldnt be as fun. Im glad the manufacturers are finally learning what mountain machines are about.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
We were out friday and Saturday found a few hills to challenge the sleds. 12 Pro, 11 Pro, couple 09 XP's, older M8, 2 etecs 154's. No Pro climbs. the Pros and the etecs traded marks both days. The etecs seemed to have more power but by the top of the deeper snow hills the Pro's were right with em, sometimes ahead, sometimes back. The 12 XP's are actually almost as much fun to ride as the Poo Pro, good for u Doo, you're learning.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have noticed as well..the 12 xp is pretty smurfy..it gets around much better then the older xps...

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I thought the video clearly shows the proclimb turning out cause it was about to get stuck while the pro would have easily continued on.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Thanks for the post, I went from Poo to cat in 08-09 season due to Poo motor issues. I really liked my M8 off trail but sure missed the Poo ride getting there. I've since put a couple grand in mods to the M8 and am very happy with it. The K-mod helped the trenching a bunch. Was looking at either a new cat this year or the Poo but decided to stay on the sidelines. My bud bought a 12 poo and I'm looking forward to riding it. As for the new cat.....well that video kind of confirmed my suspessions on the hill. Hope it at least has a better ride on the trail getting there.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
thanks for the vids all !

i posted a slednecks video in performance its not a pro but its a sweet peak at some extreme mountain riding
enjoy

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Hahaha. I was just talkin to some cat guys that saw the vid and they were making all kinds of excuses why the cat lost. I just told them the cat probably blew a belt half way up on every race.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Just imagine if the PRO had clutching? (further more imagine if it ran like our PRO's run!)

Also note the M sled poached in the third video and once he cleared the track it stopped. The PRO was most disturbing in that if that is the fall off you get after three very short pulls your clutching is seriously wanting. I'd be spending some money on that aspect so you can get the most of it. Not being mean...those are indisputable facts from your vid.

Premium Features