• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Box Stock M8 vs Pro...1st Outing....VIDEO

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
RMK owners: =
TrollFace.png

M8 owners =
imagesCAUOKRW5.jpg

aksnopro, wyoboy, dam dave, etc =
FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250-580.jpg

I'm going back to work but I'll check in for all the excuses later!

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
I am not trying to start any kind of war here.:face-icon-small-blu We just had a riding partner on the fence about what to buy, so he demo'd a new M8 and it just so happened another riding partner bought a new Pro the day before! It doesn't mean that on a different day or snow conditions that the M8 may shine or that some simple adjustment to the rear suspension could have helped the M8. The guy on the fence called to Poo dealer this am....

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
Thanks for the vid.
I think the guy on the cat is about 100 pounds heavier, or the pro kicked snow into his vent causing belt slippage or that was a pro seat on an M8 and a M8 seat on the PRO. Or the M8 was running on one cylinder, yeah thats it thats the ticket! It is a well known fact that the PRO is wayyyyyyy underpowered so I am sure it did not win that climb.

For what it is worth, I was out in some deep snow today and we got all three 800's stuck (PRO 155, Summit 154 and Sno Pro 141) but damn they all ride nice and everyone loves their sled!

Last edited:
M
Nov 13, 2010
In that video the RMK definately won.... Problem is i've seen videos where it is the other way... Just like i've seen videos where the dry weights vary by 30 lbs. I think the RMK is the sled to have, but just like the guy that posted said- its so hard to tell how they will do in different snow conditions.

My feelings-- the rmk is underpowered,- but it gets the job done.
The Pro-climb is over weight,- but it gets the job done.

Hopefully next year the polaris will have a little more power and the cat will be a lot lighter.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Seen similar results the other day except the 2012 ski doo was the top dog. I own a pro so I don't favor the doo. Same weight riders, I seen some 2011 cats do better than the 12 cats.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
This is not a perfect world, it's not rigged, it's not biest, it's just riding and could go either way.
These are the same sleds as in Eli's video only it is rider POV.
Pull number two is the one Eli recoreded.
http://youtu.be/vj_ljlI45c8

So the Polaris won 2 of the 3 runs. Looks like they aren't tremendously different to me. I haven't ridden either ...... yet.

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
it looks like both sleds started off on a packed track. is hard to see but it almost looks like the cat poached trail at least 1/3 of the way up while the pro was carving in fresh after 20 feet. if you stop the footage right after they hit the gas you'll see why the poo is kicking the cats butt. the cat trenches all the way to the boards and the pro pops right up and is not dragging the chassis for the first 20 feet. weight and a better chassis is why the pro is the sled to beat...

First thing my buddy said when he saw the 2012 cats in the hills "whoa those things trench like crazy, that sled almost got stuck on the flat". This video just confirmed what I've seen of the 2012 cat's.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
I looked really close and it appeared as the Polaris had a packed section of snow for the first 20 feet. Wish he had put it in fresh snow so I wouldn't be wondering if that slightly better snow off the line gave him enough run to out climb the other sled. I ride a new Pro 800. Either way it held its own since it is "underpowered". I can sleep tonight lol!
Notice to that the cat started first, the pro also zig zagged a lil like he was toying with the cat trying to give it a chance

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
That is exactly what I would expect to see. I ride Doo so no bias from me. Buddies have both and I think the Pro Poo is a sweet stock sled. New pro climb is better than M sleds but not quite as good as new poo out of box.
If I was gonna make a high power turbo sled then the proclimb is better base sled to start with b/c the Suzuki motor will live at 20lbs boost where the poo won't. Thanks for sharing the vid.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
First thing my buddy said when he saw the 2012 cats in the hills "whoa those things trench like crazy, that sled almost got stuck on the flat". This video just confirmed what I've seen of the 2012 cat's.

Up in cooke over Thanksgiving weekend. We Thought the same thing. They are a Trenching machine!

800 hillbilly

Jun 26, 2010
Jackman, Maine
That just proves you cant ride a dyno sheet!!!! Even though I ride a Poo I think Arctic Cat is on the rite track, and I would own an M8 over a Summit anyday. Weight matters!!!!!!

Premium Features