• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Diamond-S Can - Lack of exit seal

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just put a Diamond-S can on my Boost. Pretty big gap at the outlet. Anybody have issues with snow getting in or find a way to seal it up better?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Just put a Diamond-S can on my Boost. Pretty big gap at the outlet. Anybody have issues with snow getting in or find a way to seal it up better?
Is there not a 1/2” ring around it that goes into the “gasket” in the pan?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Packing snow around your QD is no bueno... so a seal is needed.

Will the factory one work?

D

Dennissledpool

Jul 19, 2022
Wisconsin
Diamond s used to have exit plate ring to seal to factory rubber.
They no longer have the plate on muffler. Build it cheaper sell it for more$. Welcome to new world

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
SLP competition can that was on a Matryx a friend bought did not have the exit plate / seal seat either, very disappointing fit and finish overall IMHO.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Diamond s used to have exit plate ring to seal to factory rubber.
They no longer have the plate on muffler. Build it cheaper sell it for more$. Welcome to new world

I've always touted the fit and finish of Diamond S cans. One thing I don't like is the always "3 months out" time frame when ordering one. Then the arrogance of telling you if you call , "you can always cancel your order".

They had no competition for years in the ti can, now they do and it's great for the consumer as it gives us other options.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I've always touted the fit and finish of Diamond S cans. One thing I don't like is the always "3 months out" time frame when ordering one. Then the arrogance of telling you if you call , "you can always cancel your order".

They had no competition for years in the ti can, now they do and it's great for the consumer as it gives us other options.
They are great and great customer service from my and other riders in our groups experience. The reason they are 3 months out is because they maker thousands and send them to dealers. When you order from them online, it’s just as it seems, you are ordering it from them. Which means they have to make it and they are 3 months out or whatever at the time. But they do tell you that you can call some other dealers, and most of them will ship you a can and it is the same cost as buying it directly from diamond s.

I experienced the same issue when I ordered my last can and I called them and told them that I needed it quicker and they said don’t worry we will cancel your order and you can call Carl cycle because they have them in stock and that’s what I did and Carl shipped it to me that same day. So when you deal with two companies that have great service, you get great service.👍🏻

Because I will be getting a diamond S can for my upcoming Snowcheck boost, I took liberty to call diamond S, which they are closed today and when they update me on whether or not, they indeed have removed the snow gasket ring. I will update it here. I will express to them that if they indeed have removed it, it’s frustrating to many and I will let you know what they say.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Like I said, competition is good for us. You have options now:

1. Diamond S- the original ti internal baffled "quiet can". Excellent quality, but may not be available.

2. Push Ind. - a copy cat can of Diamond S made overseas. Same price but may be in stock.

3. RPM- another baffled ti can but with a different look. Great reviews, made in USA, may actually be the quietest can available. Shipped out two days after I placed order.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Here are links for viewing pleasure.

Push- https://www.pushinds.com/products/polaris-boost-titanium

Diamond s-
https://diamond-smfg.com/product/polaris-boost-titanium-exhaust/

RPM-

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
If it’s like the cat can it might also hang down too low. I cut mine back because it was choking off on side hills. That ti doesn’t cut easily, I butchered it. Love Ti tho wish the whole exhaust was made of it.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Unfortunately I couldn’t get to the phone call, but the voicemail from Diamond S basically said that they have the seal ring on the NA cans because as you can see in this picture that I’m attaching here, the factory NA cans have a secondary outer diameter pipe that directs exhaust gases into the engine compartment in the event that it gets plugged up with snow or gets blocked by something. They said that with the boost that’s just not necessary because there’s so much more pressure coming out of the exhaust.

I’d be happy to ask any other questions that you guys might have because he did want me to call him back. IMG_4553.jpegIMG_4554.jpeg

T
Dec 19, 2007
I have found my customer support from Diamond S lacking. Boost can is loud from them for us trail folk. SLP sounded good, but heard they don flow well when turned up. How is the Jaws trail can for flow when turned up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features