• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black hills snow conditions--February--

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
V
Nov 14, 2001
Huron, SD
thinking of meeting some buddies in the Hills next week. it has been about 6 years since i was there.

can you still get to moskee or tinton?
J

Ya our place is just a mile or so east of tinton. There are a lot of gates around there as well but you can still ride around there some. As far as moskee goes that use to be our favorite place to ride but you can't hardly get close to there anymore. Everything is getting shut down it sucks but just gotta keep trying new places and see where you can go and where you can't.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Chagrin Falls, OH
thanks for the info.

lots of good memories trying to find tinton the first time and flying down what we call moskee road.

Ya our place is just a mile or so east of tinton. There are a lot of gates around there as well but you can still ride around there some. As far as moskee goes that use to be our favorite place to ride but you can't hardly get close to there anymore. Everything is getting shut down it sucks but just gotta keep trying new places and see where you can go and where you can't.

A

Arcticpowder

Dec 18, 2007
NE South Dakota
Where is the best snow right now? Where I should I unload the trailer? We went north today and couldn't find a spot to park at Spearfish Canyon or Trailshead - is the snow any better down south or should I stick to the north end?:eek:

J
Aug 14, 2001
Had a really good time out there this weekend. For all the sleds we saw in the parking lots, you didn't meet too many on the trails. Sunday was near whiteout conditions at times. Tried to do some climbing off trail 7, but forgot I don't ride an rmk anymore. Short tracks sure dig like a mofo in the deep:eek:. Trails are in excellent conditions, and boondocking is pretty good. Bounced off stuff once and awhile, but the sleds came home in one piece. If I could figure out how to put pics on here I would. I'll have to try later!!

D
Dec 9, 2007
hudson, south dakota
well it sounds like its really nice out there. Hope the temps keep staying somewhat low and they keep getting a little snow. Me and the gf are coming out on the 7th of march. Think there will be any snow left.

N
Jan 6, 2008
i live rite outside of lead and we rode today and the riding was pretty dam good....i was in colorado all weekend and wasnt exspecting it but i was really suprised...there will be plenty left for you guys.

J
Aug 14, 2001
Pictures and short vid

Here are some pics and a small vid!!
DSCN2182.jpg

DSCN2178.jpg

Snowmobiling045.jpg

I would like to thank the wife for helping me spell my name in the last pic!

Here's a short vid
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/joermk6/?action=view&current=Snowmobiling051.flv

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
all that snow looks like so much fun has to be one of the better years the last have been pretty bleak. good year for me to hit a rock and total the sled and break my leg they get the most snow out there for a long time hahahhah oh well theres always a new sled and next year

D

Dragon8hundo

Nov 26, 2007
Hartley Iowa
some of the best snow i have ever ridden in in the hills! went south of trailshead and the snow is much better there than north, stayed off the trails as much as possible and the meadows had awesome snow! great boondocking, climbing we even found a few natural hits that we got some pretty good air on

Premium Features