• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills... maybe some snow??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Thanks Firetrail: Will keep that in mind. That's our motto too: "If you aren't getting stuck, you're not trying hard enough!" My group loves the boondocking of the Black Hills...well, boondocking anywhere for that matter!
Very glad to hear everybody's having fun in the Hills this year. About time,huh???

bigecb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
St. Michael, MN
We got out to trailshead on Friday morning, 01/18/2008... had a great time this weekend. Spent 2 days in the canyon and then another finding some untouched powder in a gully NW of Spearfish Canyon resort. Got home earlier this morning (Twin Cities) and everyone really needs some sleep!

Thanks to everyone for keeping the updates flowing on this thread!

We have a bunch of vids/pics... here is one of some fun in the canyon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O3f49mQ8Y4

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hope you have a great trip to the Hills. I think you will be suprised at the nice snow conditions. Perhaps we will see you out there. Trying to ride the weekends. I have an Orange M8, black helmet with a big orange "dot" on the back. I will probably be the guy with his sled buried.

Regards:

M
Nov 27, 2007
boondockin next weekend

Hey Firetrail. Would you be interested in riding with daddy likes his m8 and myself and maybe a few others next weekend? I'm fairly familiar with the area north of trailshead to savoy but lookin to tear up that area northwest of trailshead if that is where the deep is. Thanks! Oh BTW there would be a cold one or two in it for ya!!:D:beer;

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Hello:

Absolutely. I would be happy to do some riding with you guys. I groom trails on MTW for 13 hour shifts so I have ThFSaSU off to ride. Lets figure out where we can meet and I can show you around a little and make a few new friends. I live in Spearfish and have my sleds garaged at Trailshead. Lets make it happen and thanks for the invite.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Sounds great firetrail! Tentatively we will be in the area Friday the 1st around 11ish in the morning. We can meet at Trailshead and ride from there. We would be riding Sat and Sunday too if conditions are good. Staying at Whitetail Court Fri and Sat. Looking forward to riding with someone local!:face-icon-small-hap

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
We'll be staying at Whitetail court this weekend, look for my red/blue Pro-X with Boss seat, 144" track and SLP Powder Pro's.

D
Nov 27, 2007
hartford sd
leaving Thursday am.

I am riding Thursday-Sunday out of our cabin by Rec Springs. Orange Crossfire1000, all black gear. I have buds from Minneapolis and a motocross guy from California coming out for his first sled ride. I heard Lead schools were starting late today, must be snowing again.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
M7- Let's make this happen and SS20 I will look for you. Back at you guys a bit later.

We got pulled off the trails last nite at about midnight due to heavy snow and blowing. The 1-3" snow forcast was a little light I think. Maybe 8+ in a few spots but hard to tell when it is blowing that hard. When I drove thru Trailshead lot last nite at 11 there was close to 6 more inches there. The trails up there are drifted in again but they will be repaired today and tomorrow. More snow. That is a good thing. Off trail is also getting much better.

M
Nov 27, 2007
boondockin

Sounds good Firetrail!! Anybody got any pics from recent boondockin? Looking forward to riding down there in God's country. Think SNOW:D

D
Jan 4, 2008
MN
31st-5th

About 10-15 of us will be staying just a mile or so southeast of Rec Springs in a nice log cabin. We'll be out there the 31st till the 5th. God keep snowing out there.

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
Interesting what good snow does to thread's post count. Be up there Friday with the wife. Will take pics if possible.

Jan 3, 2008
HURON,SD
going to leave huron in the morning at 7. staying at the highmark hilton at savoy black duramax with 5th wheel trailer, orange 162 rev cant miss it one of a kind.

Premium Features