• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are Sled Prices Getting to High?

P
Dec 15, 2018
Didn’t mean long time loyal customers, meant new buyers. If you like the ascender you’ll love the catalyst. Time will tell if it’s dependable I guess. The ctec-2 is a really dependable engine. Maybe be sine I’ll lose so bad I’ll swap my 800 into the catalyst when I get bored lol guys online act like it’s real easy lol. Give it a couple years and it’ll be the same as the others and available used for much less (maybe?)

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Went to order last night and was all excited. Then I selected options I wanted. Then saw the price, got sad and didn’t order. I will order today but daaaaaang she spenseeeeve!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I hope AC realizes the leap of faith we have all taken for them, now they need to deliver a reliable awesome sled!
I hope to be rewarded for this "leap of faith"!

But what will likely happen is rotten dealers will put in phantom orders and these same sleds will be available next fall and be discounted next January!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I hope to be rewarded for this "leap of faith"!

But what will likely happen is rotten dealers will put in phantom orders and these same sleds will be available next fall and be discounted next January!
I guess anything is possible hopefully that doesn’t happen!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Went to order last night and was all excited. Then I selected options I wanted. Then saw the price, got sad and didn’t order. I will order today but daaaaaang she spenseeeeve!
Expensive for sure.
I ordered a 2025 M 858 SNOPRO 165 electric start.
It’s $22,700 Canadian plus tax.
I get to pay 2 taxes here. $25,197 out the door.
It took 3 days to convince myself that I’m ok with that price!!
If they come out with a turbo I’m sure the price will be around $30,000

P
Dec 15, 2018
I suppose it’s all relative. If for example you make 150-350k a year who cares. I was not studious nor did I succeed all that much and embarrassed to say that’s not much less than I make a year! Maybe chadley could give us some if his lol!

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
You gonna keep the mono this time 😝?
I ordered one also, I don’t even ride my ascender ! I’ve taken over my wife’s 600 for the season lol

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You gonna keep the mono this time 😝?
I ordered one also, I don’t even ride my ascender ! I’ve taken over my wife’s 600 for the season lol
Haha good question! Same as last time. I gonna sell the alpha skid and track, get a carbon sled dual rail skid and a 2” or 2.6” camoplast sawtooth track. Haha, yes I said 2” but I only ride in springtime, blue bird warm ass, unload at 1030-1130am type stuff.i love your sled lookin spiffy!

Last edited:

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
Being that the catalyst chassis was new last year they knew they could charge more even for the 600, now with the new motor they know they can charge more. MAYBE they will at least stay around this price once theres some used ones out there. But if its a great sled and pulls some poo and doo riders over and demand stays high they will charge more till we quite buying.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Or maybe it will bring some other brands down a bit. I mean my dealer ordering 25+ sled ms has to take away from the other brands? Maybe in a couple years they will all have to compete enough and the used market is becoming saturated that it will be more reasonable ? I felt like I over laid for my 600 bit now I feel good about it and I can do some upgrades and feel good about those. Guess I can’t about track length but that’s life. I bet in two seasons a unsold turbo kit will be a great addition!? Or a holdover 858 lol.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
From what it looks like there's plenty of holdover Doos and Poos that they are going to have to keep rebating the cost down for the next year to clear stock. Especially with this winter's snow conditions. Someone else posted somewhere that marketing 101 says you never lower the MSRP, just do incentives and rebates when needed so you never have to drop the actual price and people feel like they get a deal.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
So you are snow-checking and whining about the price of sleds?

Sorry dude, you don't get to do both. Lots of holdovers out there for the price-sensitive folks.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
So you are snow-checking and whining about the price of sleds?

Sorry dude, you don't get to do both. Lots of holdovers out there for the price-sensitive folks.
Not sure where I was whining. Just asked a few questions and stating where I potentially stand moving forward. Just curious what other's are thinking. You know having a discussion, what most of us use this forum for. :)

Premium Features