• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AcmtnCat went for a ride.......(scary)

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Wow, just saw the video, thanks Jacob, stuff happens quick, so quick you didn't have time to pull airbag trigger, did you even have time to think about it? I'm guessing Vicoden and sleeping pills to get you through the next couple nights. Tim, you used up your "get out of jail free card" be careful from here on, the next one :noidea:

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Damn, that was brutal. Great footage and Tim is a lucky man. Tree trauma could have been a deadly or paralyzing ending. Kinda have a loss for words right now.:face-icon-small-sad

I can't stop thinking how close it was. Sht happens fast!

I did touch the avy handle, but had to aim and make my head and torso get past that damn couple trees! At the last second I felt my lower body going on the other side of the two trees and dove back the other way to make the gap. My right leg didnt make it past the tree, but at least my torso did! Otherwise we would have a very different story here.

SO! The moral of the story and lesson learn is?
Don't climb over trees on a slope the you know has the potential to slide.:nod: And my turbo would have gone right up and over the top of that damn hill!:face-icon-small-win

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
SCARY STUFF! Glad you are OK. Curious, believe you said your head was not buried but any reason why you did fire your ABS?

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Its been a rough few days for me. Seeing this didnt help but the fact Tim is still here to tell about it is yet another miracle thats happened this week. Tim Im thankful you came out of that ok. Boss the vid is both incredible and disturbing. This could have been a very bad week.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
SCARY STUFF! Glad you are OK. Curious, believe you said your head was not buried but any reason why you did fire your ABS?

Reached for the ABS handle but had no time to pull it because I was using my hands to swing to the side and get away from the trees. The fall line took me directly at them.

If I was able to deploy the ABS I would have likely got stuck above the tree and got smashed and ripped apart be the huge chunks of snow that came through the tree's.

I truly feel like if I would have got the ABS deployed I would have still hit the tree's and been screwed with the bags acting like big anchors to rip me in half on the tree.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
wow tim glad your still here. I cant believe how fast it started and how un expected it was. what eye opener for sure, I would have never guessed that hill to slide. Glad you had good friends there, to help you out.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Holy Scary!!!!!!!!!

The helmet cam footage is crazy. It is amazing how fast you started moving!
the fact that you tried and mostly succeeded it making it thru those trees is nothing short of amazing!

It could have been a very different story.

Major Thanks to Aaron, Jacob and Adam for taking care of Tim and getting him out. Really.

Every time I have been in that bowl, I have been concerned about it sliding.

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
having lost family to a slide, i'll say you have no idea how lucky you and your family are today. it made my stomach sink a little, but i'm glad you are relatively ok.

hope you heal up quickly.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
That is craziest video of a slide I've ever seen. It's local and frankly to me it doesn't look like a hill that would slide. I will keep that in mind from now on. Glad you're ok. F'n trees. Great video. Heal up. What was the damage to the sled?

B
Jan 13, 2008
Tim,
Glad your ok man. Ill drive, when your ok.....To Vegas. Not to offend anyone here. By all the time the invasion tour/u-crew dudes ride. Im not surprised by this. Im in no way saying your not safe or dont practice safe riding. You spend that much time riding sooner or later youll run into this. No matter how safe you are. Anything in particular you learned from this experience? Just curious. No, Im not one of those guys who thinks you shouldnt ride and live life.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Judging from the vid, I too would have probably hit that hill. I consider myself cautious, but man that is a total eye opener. I hit hills like that all day and don't think they are dangerous. That video has really affected me and I will think twice about even the smaller stuff. Thanks for sharing and glad you're ok. Speedy recovery...

Premium Features