• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo tunes Reviews

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
I got my Maptun and have moved on from bikeman. The bikeman tunes don’t even compare to maptun it’s night and day. Wasted a ton of time trying to tune around their flash. I would buy maptun again if it was twice the price it’s that much better. Down a clicker # and added more weight! Primary spring next to softer finish crazy how much more power.
Do they recommend or require av gas with the stage 1?

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
I got my Maptun and have moved on from bikeman. The bikeman tunes don’t even compare to maptun it’s night and day. Wasted a ton of time trying to tune around their flash. I would buy maptun again if it was twice the price it’s that much better. Down a clicker # and added more weight! Primary spring next to softer finish crazy how much more power.
2nd and 3rd questions to this. Did you purchase the maptun hardware and cable, or do you have a dealer/buddy with the tool that helped you flash your sled? Looking into it, but the $1200 price tag for the hardware and license feels steep for a trail run.
Are you running a clutch kit or stock clutching with Maptun?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Okay lots of questions way more bottom end power is there by 5000 rpm and it’s down right nasty hard hitting. Im not a mountain guy by any means but in chest deep powder it will catwalk and flip over if your in it too long. The boost builds fast and its instant lift. It’s fast like stupid powerful I can’t imagine needing stage 2.

im using Ibackshift clutching and joe has me working amazing. Down ! Clicker up weight, sleds fastest it’s ever been.

I ordered my maptun direct so I could flash and log myself, regardless of the price dont bother with bikeman.

I’m 1200’ elevation and I’m 91 pump fuel ONLY.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Okay lots of questions way more bottom end power is there by 5000 rpm and it’s down right nasty hard hitting. Im not a mountain guy by any means but in chest deep powder it will catwalk and flip over if your in it too long. The boost builds fast and its instant lift. It’s fast like stupid powerful I can’t imagine needing stage 2.

im using Ibackshift clutching and joe has me working amazing. Down ! Clicker up weight, sleds fastest it’s ever been.

I ordered my maptun direct so I could flash and log myself, regardless of the price dont bother with bikeman.

I’m 1200’ elevation and I’m 91 pump fuel ONLY.
Awesome feedback, thanks TurboJ!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Rode headlight deep powder in South Fork today. Stage 2 Ibexx, Big Johns clutching and a SLP can ran flawless. Better bottom end than stock, smooth all the way through the powerband, and pulls hard at the top.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
I'm running the Sibler Stage 2 and it runs great same as stock down low and pulls noticeably harder up top. I ride with a 21' Poo 850 and a 20' Expert NA and it dominates both power wise. Even at lower elevations (1500-2000) The difference just grows with higher elevations as it should.

I
Jul 5, 2001
I'm running the Sibler Stage 2 and it runs great same as stock down low and pulls noticeably harder up top. I ride with a 21' Poo 850 and a 20' Expert NA and it dominates both power wise. Even at lower elevations (1500-2000) The difference just grows with higher elevations as it should.
The problem the guys are seeing with the Bikeman bigger tunes is in the 5000' and above, sled makes good HP in the lower elevations so its not as noticeable, but when you get higer in elevation you can see it shows its face a little more on the transition from N/A over to boosted...... And yes if clutching is off its even worse....

I
Jul 5, 2001
Would really like to try the Maptun against my Stage 3 Bikeman, flash sled and leave the clutching exactly where its at and ride my zone to see if it pulls the weight i have loaded up in it. That would tell me if its more or less power, but hard to fork out another $1000 just to try it.......:confused:

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Would really like to try the Maptun against my Stage 3 Bikeman, flash sled and leave the clutching exactly where its at and ride my zone to see if it pulls the weight i have loaded up in it. That would tell me if its more or less power, but hard to fork out another $1000 just to try it.......:confused:
I would bet my left nut it would pull more weight.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
maptuner stage 1 ran perfect all weekend in Revy , ill be adding more weight , things fly and runs flawless , very happy

Glad to see its working for you. I can honestly say I gave Bikeman my all to make it work right, I reached out to Joey many times explaining the situation, explaining what was happening, asking for help and crickets. Anything I have asked of Maptun I get an answer by the next day and they have been nothing but helpful. I finally emailed Joey again for the last time politely explaining to him that I was moving on from his tunes / company. I don't expect a reply however I let him know how much better the Maptun files work. It's too bad he wasn't willing to work with me and try to get his tunes to come around.

To the guys who I have steered to Maptun I truly hope it meets your expectations how it met mine, its black and white obvious in my sled which tune works.

D

Daniel475

Mar 12, 2012
Gibsons BC
Glad to see its working for you. I can honestly say I gave Bikeman my all to make it work right, I reached out to Joey many times explaining the situation, explaining what was happening, asking for help and crickets. Anything I have asked of Maptun I get an answer by the next day and they have been nothing but helpful. I finally emailed Joey again for the last time politely explaining to him that I was moving on from his tunes / company. I don't expect a reply however I let him know how much better the Maptun files work. It's too bad he wasn't willing to work with me and try to get his tunes to come around.

To the guys who I have steered to Maptun I truly hope it meets your expectations how it met mine, its black and white obvious in my sled which tune works.
for sure tune is amazing ! by joey are you talking about the bikeman guys or joey from ibackshift? if ibackshift hes been awesome with me for response and help!

T
Aug 8, 2011
Jamie, can you bring me up to speed on what you didn’t like about the bikeman tunes and what the map tuner does better?

I have been very happy with my bikeman base tunes at stage 3. But I will say, my 21 runs way better than 20.5. 20.5 has a big lack of mid range, you can literally hear that it’s not making boost like the 21, it won’t pull the weight or make the speed rhe 21 does. Setups are identical. Torque link tells me that the tunes are identical in both sleds. Wondering what the deal is

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Jamie, can you bring me up to speed on what you didn’t like about the bikeman tunes and what the map tuner does better?

I have been very happy with my bikeman base tunes at stage 3. But I will say, my 21 runs way better than 20.5. 20.5 has a big lack of mid range, you can literally hear that it’s not making boost like the 21, it won’t pull the weight or make the speed rhe 21 does. Setups are identical. Torque link tells me that the tunes are identical in both sleds. Wondering what the deal is
The bikeman tune has no bottom end or mid range and needs huge engagement or stupid weights to make it zing and then it goes kinda. The maptun hits hard LOW and carries you can hear the boost by 5k rpm so its almost always there. And it comes on HARD and FAST the bikeman tune has no bottom / mid by comparison.

I should have known from the beginning when I had to click UP to make my bikeman tunes work. It has so much more low end power now and it carries on up top it doesn't go flat with a big sorta WAAAAAAAA at wide open. It now TRUCKS to full RPM and keeps pulling doesn't lay down like a sick horse.

So to recap with the maptun - more bottom end / more mid range / more top end all on stage 1 for me. My sled on stage 1 maptun would destroy my sled on bikeman 30 hp tune and that's a fact.

T
Aug 8, 2011
That’s cool!! Glad it’s working good for you!

What track length sled are you riding at what altitude? What kind of track speed is it producing in the deep in a big hill?

Premium Features