• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo tunes Reviews

D
Dec 17, 2018
Okay lots of questions way more bottom end power is there by 5000 rpm and it’s down right nasty hard hitting. Im not a mountain guy by any means but in chest deep powder it will catwalk and flip over if your in it too long. The boost builds fast and its instant lift. It’s fast like stupid powerful I can’t imagine needing stage 2.

im using Ibackshift clutching and joe has me working amazing. Down ! Clicker up weight, sleds fastest it’s ever been.

I ordered my maptun direct so I could flash and log myself, regardless of the price dont bother with bikeman.

I’m 1200’ elevation and I’m 91 pump fuel ONLY.
May I ask how much weight you have in your clutch what ramps you are using?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ran bikeman all last year and part of this year. Stage 2 and 3 ran very good once I got rid of their can and clutch weights. With my own clutch set up I was very happy and stayed with stage 2 for most of last season and this.
Just got my map tune and very impressed with all the features it has, no other tuner even comes close and you can change tunes on the mountain (without wifi) in about one minute. I don’t know why you’d buy any other tuner.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Ibexx doesn’t do everything Maptuner will do, but does let you change tunes on the mountain (wifi not needed) and also datalogs for less money. Both great options depending on what you need.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ibexx doesn’t do everything Maptuner will do, but does let you change tunes on the mountain (wifi not needed) and also datalogs for less money. Both great options depending on what you need.
Maptuner you can change tunes on the mountain without wifi, you do need a battery (like ibexx) or you can plug into a USB port on another sled to get power. Maptuner also data logs and it has a killer monitoring app. Let’s you see what’s happening with every sensor on you sled, AIT, ex temp, throttle position, boost, rpm, volts and many others.
If all you want is a tune and nothing else, maptune probably isn’t worth the extra money.
I haven’t side by side tested tunes, so I can’t say who’s tunes are better.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Maptuner you can change tunes on the mountain without wifi, you do need a battery (like ibexx) or you can plug into a USB port on another sled to get power. Maptuner also data logs and it has a killer monitoring app. Let’s you see what’s happening with every sensor on you sled, AIT, ex temp, throttle position, boost, rpm, volts and many others.
If all you want is a tune and nothing else, maptune probably isn’t worth the extra money.
I haven’t side by side tested tunes, so I can’t say who’s tunes are better.

That tune in itself, is absolutely worth the money.

The other things you mentioned that the maptune X programmer can do cost money to get it added into the machine.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
I am fixing to pull the trigger on an Maptuner X just debating on weather I buy just the tuner + program to test with different pipe set ups, or do the maptune X programmer dealer buy in with diagnostics and 5 tunes. :unsure:

Anyone happen to know what the import duty from Sweden to US cost is?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I got mine from Sweden a couple months ago. I can’t remember how much it cost to get here, but I was surprised how cheap it was. It’s a very small box, pretty sure it Jess than $50 an less than 2 weeks from when ordered.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Don’t see anyway to order at maptunes USA.

United States
flag48-US.png

AZ Jetski​

17037 N Cave Creek Rd
Phoenix
Phone: 602 550-2281

Champion Powersports​

6652 Denver Industrial park rd
Denver
Phone: 9803954260

PWC Muscle​

401 N Ashley Dr #173141
Tampa
Phone: 8886052335

Rival Motorsports​

14630 Township Rd 1061
Thornville
Phone: 740-246-9908

SCS Powersports Division​

4159 E. Union Ave.
Loxley, Al. 36551
Phone: 985-285-0036

Smith Marine LLC​

New Britain
Phone: 215-345-1621

Terracraft Motors Inc​

Bacliff, Texas
Phone: 281701-7306

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It was pretty easy just to order from them direct. I think I got mine in less than a week. There are a lot of skidoo dealers not on that list as well. Can also get from evolution powersports

AD04B692-7B4A-4D5A-9A01-771A04CB487E.png

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
It was pretty easy just to order from them direct. I think I got mine in less than a week. There are a lot of skidoo dealers not on that list as well. Can also get from evolution powersports
You aren’t able to order from them direct. Seems you must find a distributor. Thx for evolution powersports recommendation.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Just a FYI, ez lynk is now supporting tunes for the skidoo for sure.

Speedwerks is supposed to be building tunes via ez lynk.

No more info than that at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
I have the Maptuner X + Dealer service app in my shop, put stage 1 tune in my 2017 850 165 X & my 2021 850 Turbo 165 Expert. Both running DJs Ibackshift Clutch Kits. Talked to Joe yesterday about what clutch changes will be needed. He told me general rule of thumb is to add one gram per 5 HP from the great set up I had before the Stage 1 tune.

I run 966 ramps in my 2017 and with Ibackshift kit I really like the 3000ish engagement (y) + perfect 7900-8000 rpms all the time.

So I will be adding 2 grams to my 2017 & 4ish grams to my Turbo for my initial testing. Need more snow before I dare go out for testing.

Last edited:
Premium Features