• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Turbo tunes Reviews

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
So are you happy with bikeman or not? I'm a little confused
It was fine at first warmer temps. When it got cold here -35 it won’t run on the tunes. Sometimes they run right sometimes not no consistency from one day to the next. Didn’t really realize what was happening at first. Figured it was in the clutching to figure out etc but ended up finding that the laziness is in the tunes.

It started to make sense when we flashed back to oem and the throttle response instantly wakes up. Flash it with any tune 10,20,30 hp and it instantly gets lazy as soon as you take it outside. I ride right from my door step so it’s easy to see the difference in the 1 minute it takes to flash.

S
Mar 7, 2011
Montrose, CO
It was fine at first warmer temps. When it got cold here -35 it won’t run on the tunes. Sometimes they run right sometimes not no consistency from one day to the next. Didn’t really realize what was happening at first. Figured it was in the clutching to figure out etc but ended up finding that the laziness is in the tunes.

It started to make sense when we flashed back to oem and the throttle response instantly wakes up. Flash it with any tune 10,20,30 hp and it instantly gets lazy as soon as you take it outside. I ride right from my door step so it’s easy to see the difference in the 1 minute it takes to flash.
Thank you for the clarification, I'm wanting to tune my sled, but would prefer to do it right the 1st time!

Feb 14, 2010
Where did you order it from ? here in Canada?
and what does it cost?

Feb 14, 2010
ok, good luck i am sure it will work, just have to clutch for the added power.

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
just got back from the snowies. tried the bikeman 30 hp tune with Joe`s /i backshift cluthing and bikeman can .. not very happy has serious lag // lazy till about 6500 ,, then takes off

it pulls 8000 all day at 10,000 feet ramps weigh about 107.5 grams a piece with 100 /250 spring. any one have any ideas ? bikeman is not getting back to me ,, thanks for any help

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
so your saying DJ`s clutching is causing it to lag ? any reccomendation on a helix ? i`m guessing a straight angle with a turbo is what you neeed

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Joey will help you on the clutching side... he's been super helpful for my past troubleshooting.

C
Aug 13, 2021
New York
Anyone actually having good results with bikeman? I have their set up for my 22 once it’s out of break in. Also have dj clutching. After reading all the reviews I may just keep it stock and add dj kit. Rode my 20.5 last year stock with a dj kit. Was great setup. Just wanted a little more this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Mar 7, 2011
Montrose, CO
Anyone actually having good results with bikeman? I have their set up for my 22 once it’s out of break in. Also have dj clutching. After reading all the reviews I may just keep it stock and add dj kit. Rode my 20.5 last year stock with a dj kit. Was great setup. Just wanted a little more this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the conclusion I've come to, staying stock for the time being

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
so your saying DJ`s clutching is causing it to lag ? any recommendation on a helix ? i`m guessing a straight angle with a turbo is what you neeed
Hey guys. Loved reading through here and getting some good feedback that matches what we have found. Here is the deal. Bikeman tunes run great. But that dip in the dyno is legit and does happen. The point is, you can clutch around it. That's why most people with good clutching don't notice it. Ibexx knows what the problem is and has fixed it. It sounds like the guys at maptuner may have figured it out as well. I've never used theirs. The ibexx tune has more control over the factory wastegate than the bikeman. They close it earlier and bring boost in much faster. This gives you much more bottom end and makes it a lot more fun to run on the higher power levels. They also have a killer clutching package that is designed specifically for turbos. With their proprietary profile on both the weights and the helix they are able to hold stage 4 power on right around 80 grams. This helps the off boost power tremendously and makes the bottom end even more snappy without sacrificing control. It's hard to explain here but if anyone is riding island park next week I can meet up and let you ride one of our sleds.

I also want to address the fear of blowing a charge box up. So far we have never seen it. The charge tunes will split but we have been testing a big turbo replacement and running around 15 psi of boost and still no box failure.

Thanks guys and hope that was somewhat enlightening on how it all works. Heck us out at www.ibexx.com or give us a call if you have questions.
Thanks for that. Locked it in the thread. Another post will follow....

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
You asking if "dj clutching causing it to lag". Umm, clutch settings cause improper boost control?
Im going to say your friend who says "i'll get back to you", he knows nothing about the engine management. You would be better-off asking a cashier at home depot. Not knocking him, just he does not know anything about your circumstances, get it!

Question; is it "the clutching fault" If the blow off valve or boost controller management or cats and dogs start living together? "its the clutching fault?
No...if the engine power shape is not managed correctly, engine torque rise moving around; doesn't bog from 5 to 8k feet, starts to bog after 8 to 10k+ - then its like trying to shoot a dart at a swinging dart board and now try to clutch that?
Then you have mister ibexx over there saying bikeman engine management problem, ibexx solution. But only ibexx clutching works on ibexx tunes. So that means, dump bikeman and install ibexx tunes and ibexx clutching. But wait a moment...

Mister Ibexx says)
-Bikeman tunes run great. But that dip in the dyno is legit and does happen [problem]
-Ibexx knows what the problem is and has fixed it. [cause and solution]
-It sounds like the guys at maptuner may have figured it out as well [credibility name dropping]

[I love it, :love: i [me joey] did not have to say anything, use their words]

According to mister Ibexx reasoning then maptuner should sell ibexx clutching because maptuner does not sell clutching.
IF you have maptuner then you also need ibexx clutching because ibexx and maptuner have "figured it out" but only ibexx clutching is working because of proprietary this or that....

Ok, then Evolution Powersports is about to come out with their own clutching too and they'll say "weve solved the problem ibexx has but you need Evo Clutching" Then the ibexx tune and clutching can be thrown out and go full Evo.

----------------------------------------------------

What could have happened is...
Mr Juggs emails ibackshift - "i have this or that problem"
Then I ask a bunch of questions....
and then say this...

• your primary clutch spring is a 100/250​
  • Raise the engagement speed a bit...​
  • 150/250 blue/yellow BRP#417224015.​
  • The engagement will go from 2900 to 3400 rpms.​
  • There will be enough spring force off the bottom end to allow "higher engine speed at part throttle".​
  • When you press throttle, the engine will have about 6hp more to speed up through a boost control problem.​

Do nothing but change the primary spring and go drive your sled. If there is a residual problem still, then contact me again.
It will be quicker for you to get one from your local dealer in USA [2-3 days] than me send one from Canada[9-11 days]

The internet....gotta love reading it between eatin these chicken wings.
the internet.jpg

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Oh yeah I forgot. Remove the bikeman muffler please and put stock muffler back on. Im not getting into it about the bm muffler but please put stock muffler back on and go.
Another question i would have asked is what octane are you running, like if you are mixing up higher octane, with a 30hp tune, you can run pump gas at that elevation.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Been running Bikeman stage 3 since last Feb, and yup I sent the Bikeman muffler back to strub... been running Diamond S ever since and did try Jaws Race can ( too dam loud....) no real noticeable difference... Did think I had a issue with my clutching but ended up being my QRS jack shaft bearing taking a crap on me..... put new bearing and did new Hi Torq rollers in the clutch with Joey's D6 turbo helix and its back to the **** eatin grin all day long @!@!. and I ride from 3000' to 7000' runs like its suppose to.... My back up sled is a 2018 175 850 with powder freaks head, Jaws pipe, Diamond S can and Delta III reeds and a bit of timing.... and it has WAY more snap then the turbo but it ain't got the legs the turbo has...... they are 2 different animals.... just my .02...

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Thanks Joe , will try and call you tomorrow. i did not e-mail you cause i figured it was a bikeman issue ,, but they never got back to me. i would like to hear more about the muffler . i get to go out west 2 times a year for a week each time.. so what i bring is what i got , while im out there.. i cant run back and forth every weekend trying different stuff i don`t mind buying stuff ,, i just want it to do what i am told it will do.. that is why i did not think it was your clutching ,, your stuff has always been rock solid to me..
my 1 ?? about the muffler is if it does not work well how is it letting me pull all that weight at 10,500 feet at 8100 on clicker 3. that is just my thought .. thanks again for all advice

cheers scott

F
Jan 11, 2011
You asking if "dj clutching causing it to lag". Umm, clutch settings cause improper boost control?
Im going to say your friend who says "i'll get back to you", he knows nothing about the engine management. You would be better-off asking a cashier at home depot. Not knocking him, just he does not know anything about your circumstances, get it!

Question; is it "the clutching fault" If the blow off valve or boost controller management or cats and dogs start living together? "its the clutching fault?
No...if the engine power shape is not managed correctly, engine torque rise moving around; doesn't bog from 5 to 8k feet, starts to bog after 8 to 10k+ - then its like trying to shoot a dart at a swinging dart board and now try to clutch that?
Then you have mister ibexx over there saying bikeman engine management problem, ibexx solution. But only ibexx clutching works on ibexx tunes. So that means, dump bikeman and install ibexx tunes and ibexx clutching. But wait a moment...

Mister Ibexx says)
-Bikeman tunes run great. But that dip in the dyno is legit and does happen [problem]
-Ibexx knows what the problem is and has fixed it. [cause and solution]
-It sounds like the guys at maptuner may have figured it out as well [credibility name dropping]

[I love it, :love: i [me joey] did not have to say anything, use their words]

According to mister Ibexx reasoning then maptuner should sell ibexx clutching because maptuner does not sell clutching.
IF you have maptuner then you also need ibexx clutching because ibexx and maptuner have "figured it out" but only ibexx clutching is working because of proprietary this or that....

Ok, then Evolution Powersports is about to come out with their own clutching too and they'll say "weve solved the problem ibexx has but you need Evo Clutching" Then the ibexx tune and clutching can be thrown out and go full Evo.

----------------------------------------------------

What could have happened is...
Mr Juggs emails ibackshift - "i have this or that problem"
Then I ask a bunch of questions....
and then say this...

• your primary clutch spring is a 100/250​
  • Raise the engagement speed a bit...​
  • 150/250 blue/yellow BRP#417224015.​
  • The engagement will go from 2900 to 3400 rpms.​
  • There will be enough spring force off the bottom end to allow "higher engine speed at part throttle".​
  • When you press throttle, the engine will have about 6hp more to speed up through a boost control problem.​

Do nothing but change the primary spring and go drive your sled. If there is a residual problem still, then contact me again.
It will be quicker for you to get one from your local dealer in USA [2-3 days] than me send one from Canada[9-11 days]

The internet....gotta love reading it between eatin these chicken wings.
View attachment 382716
I AGREE, Totally, I use to do tons of clutching for aftermarket many years ago here in the northwest,, I always ended up changing only one thing at a time till it is corrected, and it always worked out, then I would CALL with the right combinations on clutching and fine tuning, for our riding in the PNW. No reason to jump ship and start over, just a little bit of tunning is usually what it takes, oh and patients :)

Premium Features