• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Alpha hesitation

Q
Mar 20, 2023
Sweden
Hello, my 2021 800 has recently started to hesitate at 5-6k rpm, sounds like a anti-lag on a car for a second then proceeds to run completely fine. This never occurs on wot or from 0-50% throttle only if youre doing like 20-50% or while feathering the throttle.

Any ideas of what it could be?

A
Dec 21, 2018
Injectors have been known to cause this issue

Exhaust valve ports could also be the culprit, but don't know as much about this one..

D
Feb 7, 2022
Can a dealer or someone tell when an injector is bad. I have some of the same symptoms around 4000 rpm just a bog or hesitation. Put stock can on and it's better but not perfect...

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Generally, I have found that the ctec has a lean condition around 4800 to 5300- you can wack the throttle from Idle and zero issues/ or wack it from that lean RPM and it responds cleanly.
Just seems like in that zone it becomes pretty revvy-and have cleaned valves/ replaced injectors/ replaced reeds & reed boots and the symptoms, still are there, SO it isn't a BOG

Only thing I can say is a flash that will increase fuel at those given rpm's- but have been seeing $400.00 price tag -but in confirmation/ justification they do have parameters that increase power through the power band
Adding Y pipe and Pipe add on's make it more pronounce than the stock configuration.- I just am aware of the condition and throttle around it.
I do however, mix my fuel to 100:1 on oil for the added protection, as the stock oil pump I have seen from 50:1 to 80:1 and everywhere in-between .

Q
Mar 20, 2023
Sweden
Generally, I have found that the ctec has a lean condition around 4800 to 5300- you can wack the throttle from Idle and zero issues/ or wack it from that lean RPM and it responds cleanly.
Just seems like in that zone it becomes pretty revvy-and have cleaned valves/ replaced injectors/ replaced reeds & reed boots and the symptoms, still are there, SO it isn't a BOG

Only thing I can say is a flash that will increase fuel at those given rpm's- but have been seeing $400.00 price tag -but in confirmation/ justification they do have parameters that increase power through the power band
Adding Y pipe and Pipe add on's make it more pronounce than the stock configuration.- I just am aware of the condition and throttle around it.
I do however, mix my fuel to 100:1 on oil for the added protection, as the stock oil pump I have seen from 50:1 to 80:1 and everywhere in-between .
Since i added the jaws can you can really hear the hesitation, i’ll try and go back to stock.
I read about the remaps you can do but for me as i live in sweden i have to ship my ecu to USA or Canada ?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
When I had to do injectors at the beginning of the season I couldn’t find any direct matches from the manufacturer or anywhere on the internet for that matter, at least going off the part number on the injector. The Yamaha dealer told me they couldn’t even get them so I ended up paying cats ridiculous price.

D
Feb 7, 2022
When I had to do injectors at the beginning of the season I couldn’t find any direct matches from the manufacturer or anywhere on the internet for that matter, at least going off the part number on the injector. The Yamaha dealer told me they couldn’t even get them so I ended up paying cats ridiculous price.
Did it help the problem? What was the price?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Did it help the problem? What was the price?
Mine had a more serious issue than a slight hesitation. It was surging pretty bad at wot, but, yes, they fixed my issue. They were about $370 for the pair from country cat.

That being said, I noticed since it’s warmed up a bit my sled has a slight stumble on the bottom end after idling down a hill or creeping through the trees. Almost like it’s loading up a bit, but if I pin it it runs great. I also have a tune from jaws on my sled and it still does it. I don’t remember it doing it at the beginning of winter after first installing the injectors but snow conditions then required more of an on and off throttle style than much partial throttle style riding. I just chalk it up to the typical cat stumble, but according to the interwebs my aftermarket tune should fix it. I’ll be pissed if it’s the start of another physical issue. It’s been a rough year for my sled and wallet.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I looked at all the stuff deka had, but couldn’t find anything that directly matched/cross referenced the numbers on the oem injectors and had no idea what flow rate they were so I didn’t dare buy anything

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Get them rebuilt for very little money..
368534f7035da32736dc064c0dca6057.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I guess there are some proprietary shenanigans .....
f014166d85c1a040f14f2b0a0ed756fc.jpg

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
That’s what I figured. I’m guessing the colored plastic section on the injector has something to do with identifying flow rate or something and the stockers have green and there was no green ones anywhere on dekas website. Of course that might just be to keep people from bypassing cat and getting them directly from deka and have nothing to do with the injector specs themselves. I figured I’d hang on to the old ones and send them somewhere one day to have tested/cleaned. I know bikeman offers injector cleaning.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This is the direct replacement injector.
Not sure if u can use the oring or switch over the cat seal.Screenshot_20230322_131249_Samsung Internet.jpg

Premium Features