• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Khaos 850 3in track chain case gearing

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
The bottom end is soft and doesn’t hook up like my 800. Would like to gear it down to a 46 on the bottom and was wondering if that will work. So 19/46 would be the gear ratio. I’ve looked and can’t find anything new for chain case sleds only belt drive gearing.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
You already have pretty low gearing compared to the quick-drive 2. The 42 degree helix will not force a hard shift down low. If you find a helix that has a steeper start angle you will get the bottom end you want. Adjustable weights with lots in the heel can also get what you want.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
You already have pretty low gearing compared to the quick-drive 2. The 42 degree helix will not force a hard shift down low. If you find a helix that has a steeper start angle you will get the bottom end you want. Adjustable weights with lots in the heel can also get what you want.
I have TRS clutching so I guess I’ll start with checking to see which angle I’ve set the helix in and maybe switch it hopefully to the higher one.
Once the sled gets going it really pulls strong it’s just the initial start that feels like it’s a bit slow to react and get going.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have TRS clutching so I guess I’ll start with checking to see which angle I’ve set the helix in and maybe switch it hopefully to the higher one.
Once the sled gets going it really pulls strong it’s just the initial start that feels like it’s a bit slow to react and get going.
TRS clutching has low engadgement and might be loading the motor early and that can delay the motor from revving quickly to the power band. Watch your RPMS as you stab the throttle. They should flash to 8300 and then drop back to 8100-8150 with the shift out of the clutch. 2 scenarios, not loading the motor enough or loading it too much. Either way it sounds like you are not getting the power to the ground early in accelleration. You should consult with Tony as he knows the kit you are running.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I suggest to clean clutches, Change belt, adjust belt clearance in primary, adjust belt deflection.
What did you end up doing? How were the results?

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
I’m still struggling with it being lazy on the bottom. I’ve changed the helix track but it was in the 46 to the 42 and it felt about the same. I jump on my buddies 19 800 with 3 inch 163 track and it has arm pulling torque. Mines nothing like it until it gets going for 25 yards then finally spins up and pulls hard the rest of the way. Top ends good bottom is lazy, really a dog. Going to try two things. A 48 initial helix and if that still doesn’t work I’ll try the old Carls clutching that was in it I had swapped out before riding. Thinking of dumping it for a new one actually. Been screwing with the shocks since day one and can’t get those adjusted right either.

Last edited:

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
Spoke with Tony at TRS and I will be sending him my clutch so he can shim it and take a look to make sure everything else is in order. This is my fault , I didn’t follow his directions on checking belt to sheeve tolerance and can pretty much guarantee this is why I’m having bottom end problems.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The 19/46 gearing fits great, ran it on 174 turbo's and 163 n/a sleds. The 2.42 ratio really works well. Just need a 76P chain and 46 gear and your good to go.

If you need clutching that has been tried and tested all over BC, Give me a call, we have a kit that works extremely well.

Premium Features