• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Khaos 850 3in track chain case gearing

B
Aug 13, 2022
California
The bottom end is soft and doesn't hook up liked
800. Would like to gear it down to a 46 on the bottom and was wondering if that will work. So 19/46 would be the gear ratio. I've looked and can't find anything new for chain case sleds only belt drive gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The chain case models already had good low gearing compared to the Quickdrive models. I too find the 850 soft on the bottom and gearing will help but you also need to clutch it so it can rev quickly. Adjustable weights with a light starting primary spring is what worked best for me.

The stock clutching loads the motor before the exhaust valves are open and this makes a bit of lag. I run lighter heel and tip weight so it is a bit more buzzy but have heavy mid weight so it excellerates hard where the torque kicks in. This would normally make it engadge high off the line but with a 100/305 Dalton primary spring it keeps the engadgment rpm in check. The lighter tip weight will let it backshift faster as the stock set-up is slow here too.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
How is your belt deflection? When set properly, where does your belt ride in the secondary? This determines if your belt is to short or the center to center distance is off.
Have you checked your belt to sheave clearance?
Any or all of these have an affect on a soft bottom end.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The bottom end is soft and doesn't hook up liked
800. Would like to gear it down to a 46 on the bottom and was wondering if that will work. So 19/46 would be the gear ratio. I've looked and can't find anything new for chain case sleds only belt drive gearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gearing down is a must for a N/A sled. Going to a 19/46 gear set up works very well. Just need the 76 chain and 46 sprocket. Pair that with a proper clutch set up and its a way more responsive sled. I have done many of these set ups for customers and is well worth the money. Make sure your belt deflection is set correctly and that your clutches are clean.

If your in Canada i can get you set up.

Premium Features