• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Rumor

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Isn't Polaris still in bed with KTM and also that Swiss engine manufacturer?? Just thinking.......How about a real orange Poo. Polaris red on the outside, KTM orange on the inside.

Whoo... you polaris guys must just dream about how they could make the motor as unreliable as possible!!!!:face-icon-small-win

Hopes & dreams & fairy dust... what makes a polaris motor go round!!!!:face-icon-small-ton

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Why would they, they already got you suckers to buy the current one, which is pretty easy considering its the only mtn sled on the market now.

Poo engine, iffy at best

BD turbos, again I don't either could keep up with the updates required

the 2 together, fawk might be worse than the 900

The only way I could see it is with a stand alone system the user can't mess with and no warranty.

The poo engine/electronics are not that friendly.

Unless, they get a whole new engine setup.

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Wyo Boy, we suckers buy the Pro not for the engine (most of us admit is a ticking bomb), but because it is the best sled out.

The key is the have a good service contract on it, have a great dealer who will fight for you, and trade it in when your service contract is close to expiring. :face-icon-small-hap

S

Super Sled

Jul 10, 2009
Duluth, MN
Wyo Boy, we suckers buy the Pro not for the engine (most of us admit is a ticking bomb), but because it is the best sled out.

The key is the have a good service contract on it, have a great dealer who will fight for you, and trade it in when your service contract is close to expiring. :face-icon-small-hap

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Aren't you buying a Pro? :face-icon-small-win

I think rumors for 2014 should wait until everyone has their 2013!

Yup! Hoping to have it on the way asap!! It's worth the risk imo.

My comment was more about KTM really, but I can't help but talk smack about the poo motor... you guys are usually either so defensive or in denial that it's just too fun!:face-icon-small-ton

Oh and super sled... you're welcome to give me more SUPER negative on this one too... fairy dust isn't working for you huh?

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007

Isn't that what i said by saying its the only mtn sled on the market, you also added you are suckered into the sled less the engine, why would they change anything.
But its a complete wet dream to think they could make this motor and turbo live, bd or poo.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Isn't that what i said by saying its the only mtn sled on the market, you also added you are suckered into the sled less the engine, why would they change anything.
But its a complete wet dream to think they could make this motor and turbo live, bd or poo.
wyo..you need to stuff a zuk motor in one...then (as cheap as the suk motors sell for) make a kit, selling a drop in suk for under 4 grand and have a corner on the market..cheaper then current bigbore kits..extreme reliability...and you and us will have an awesome sled......

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Good luck putting a four stroke in the pro chassis, it would twist that chassis like a pretzel.. I have heard from a mouse in the corner a 600 turbo, makes sense very reliable and low emission small block! With about 180hp

I hope not a 600, I had a cat turbo 600 and it had no torque off the line with the turbo back pressure and add turbo hesitation on top of it. It made it impossible to ride the trees. Of coarse some will say a perfect set up will eliminate turbo lag but why not start with a torquier motor in the first place. Go bigger and just lower boost. This way it will not ride on the edge of destruction aswell. Really wouldn't most of us be happy with a motor that had 170 hp at any altitude?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
wyo..you need to stuff a zuk motor in one...then (as cheap as the suk motors sell for) make a kit, selling a drop in suk for under 4 grand and have a corner on the market..cheaper then current bigbore kits..extreme reliability...and you and us will have an awesome sled......

Its all about the money, I need a little more to get started, the up front cost is pretty big and then I would need the time, neither of which I have currently, but hopefully real soon. I don't see why it can't be done for that though.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I wish I had an extra Pro chassis and zuk motor laying around. I'd love to play around with that project. Anyone wanna donate to my project??? I'll make a kit for ya.

Premium Features