• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 belts=165miles,whats wrong,M8

M
Nov 16, 2009
the track is plenty loose,i guess on the next ride after it blows anouther belt ill flip it and check the track,it spins good on the stand, i have felt the clutches everytime i blow a belt and thier not even hot,i got the side vents plus when all of this happened it was -20 degrees both times so they would be getting lots cool air..it reves right around 8100 off the line till it starts to really open up then its at about 7900,it really goes though when she isnt throwing a belt off,i guess anouther thing also is that the last belt i was using was a ultimax 3 and it didnt shred its like someone pulled it apart in one spot

Just a thought here, did they change the gearing in your sled when you got the diamond drive replaced? It sounds like an over rev condition to me.
On my M1000, if I am doing high speed stuff down a lake and then hit an icy spot and then over rev'ed, I would kiss that belt goodbye. there would be no load on the track at high rev's to keep the belt in the primary.
My freind and I both blew belts on the same lake within 100 ft of each other. We compared notes and realized that if we over-rev the motor in those kind of conditions , the belt would climb over the primary and then destroy itself on the primary clutch towers. Jumping could give you a similar condition. Also, stick with cat belts, we found the other makes just didn't hang in there. At least that's what we found. Belt heat is definitley a killer too.
Somebody with a good plastic welder couldn't fix your side panel hole? Or was it too ugly?
Hope this gives you some ideas, other than the obvious. Good Luck,as they are awsome machines.:)

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
im just waiting for the "experts" to look at it today.then ill post the fix:rolleyes:

S
Mar 1, 2009
sledbasher m7,this dealer is even further north than bigger,harvey in bigger is exceptional its just he is a 2hr drive,the sled accelerates really good,if i go in the snow blowin weeds i can catwalk vertical for a long a$$ time,there is no way there could be snow in the clutches because i havently laid it over yet because of the lack of snow,we only got like 7inches right now but the lake 12feet away from me right now has lots on it haha,have found slush spots but im scared to play on em because if i blow a belt i have a chance of getting the motor wet

G

GF2

Nov 26, 2007
Spokane WA
Make sur the dealer put the rubber snubbers back that tuck next to the front of the DD if not you motor could be torqueing farther than normal the motor mounts on these sleds are not very rigid , just something to check good luck.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
Why not tell him now and save him a bunch of miles and time, thats what this forum is for.

maybe because it says he took it into the xperts yesterday?

sillly hatch:).you been doing very good since your ban:)

S
Mar 1, 2009
well ill let you guys know if they find somthing wrong with it,i was gunna drive there today on my can am but instead i had really bad stomach pains so i went to the emergency,got back around 4pm and couldnt resist not taking my dad skidoo 1200 renegade out n bashing a few fresh drifts

F
Apr 5, 2009
same thing happened to me this year on my 08 xfire 800. just i didn't get as far as you. first belt 1 mile, 2nd belt got the 30 mile brake in at 50mph and going for a ride go 2 miles from the house and there goes that one. not even going 40mph. now on my 3 belt got a cat belt on it now. did the 20 mile at 50 or less one day and got another 20 being a little harder on it.

hope this one stays together

Premium Features