• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy-Face Pro Collar - Available Now

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response and for all the support, this has been an amazing example of how people can come together on a public forum to solve a problem.

Pro Clamps are available now. You don't have to wait for other solutions to become available.

Some comments and information:

Our partner facility is working 24/7 to produce parts, and we are staying ahead of orders. Thanks to Outback Manufacturing for their awesome facility and incredible support of this effort. Due to their commitment and capabilities, we were able to get this product to market quickly - and there have been little to no back orders.

We maintain that the 2013 Polaris Pro RMK is THE BEST sled on the snow, even with this drive shaft production issue. The Pro Clamp is the THE BEST drive shaft collar on the market. The Pro Clamp encompasses design elements and addresses issues not accommodated by any other clamp product available.

While the Pro Clamp is the best collar you can get, it is imperative that you have your drive shaft inspected by your dealer - per the recent/pending Polaris service bulletin and recall notice. There are issues with some shafts that cannot be corrected, and they must be replaced.

We will be revising the installation instructions shortly. We are recommending that a liberal amount of clear silicone seal be used where the collar meets the end of the drive shaft - to avoid the potential for corrosion due to moisture being trapped. We are also advising that Loctite 7471 primer be used on the bolts and collar threads to provide the best possible conditions for the Loctite. Bolts should be torqued to 100-120 inch pounds, as this provides the necessary pressure required and does not over tighten them.

One question we have been getting is "do I need two collars"? We have seen no evidence of failures on the non-driven side to date, except in some cases of catastrophic failures of the driven end. The Pro Clamp can be used on each side of the drive shaft if you prefer. However, we might recommend using a Pro Clamp on the driven side, and then installing the Polaris provided collar on the clutch side when they become available.

While there is little profit margin in this product, please contact us for dealer pricing, bulk orders or if you have a rental fleet.

Team Happy Face finally got to have some fun on the snow today, and even provided collars to two riders we came across. We installed collars on their machines in under 5 minutes each on the snow. These riders were not aware of the drive shaft issue, so please keep spreading the word.

Attached are some more pictures of the product and production process. If you have any questions, suggestions or ideas please let us know.

THANKS!

10.jpg 11.JPG 12.jpg 13.jpg 15.jpg Polaris Collar.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
NO
THANK YOU for making a great product.
Clearer Understand now. Thanking them

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
did ya fella's get your reward from "nuggateu"...he said he would pay 300 bucks to the first guys who's clamp dropped over the shoulder like yours..

great clamp...!!!!!

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Is it clear now.
As for the distance measurement when installed on the shaft would be width. |___|_x_|--- shaft | x | Pro clamp collar width = ???

It looks to be wider than Polaris design.

Last edited:
B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
RE:legnth of contact on

Is it clear now.
As for the distance measurement when installed on the shaft would be width. |___|_x_|--- shaft | x | Pro clamp collar width = ???

It looks to be wider than Polaris design.

The contact surface is about 1.02" this amount is intended to transfer some of the,
Rotational force to the main main driveshaft body.

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
So, is this the clamp from Polaris, or is this another aftermarket clamp?

Hi Sxrlar

This collar is from Happy Face Recreational Performance Products. We feel that our Pro Collar provides a distinct advantage in that there is more surface area against the shaft, has four bolts instead of two, utilizes our unique end-cap design, and has other advanced features and engineering elements designed into it.

The best feature is that is is available NOW, units have been shipping for a week and we have a bunch of them on the snow already.

Please see our ad in the swapmeet section: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3218730#post3218730

You can see a drawing of the Polaris product and a photo of the shipping HFRPP product below to get an idea of some of the differences and the amount of engineering put into the two products.

IMG_2671.JPG Polaris Collar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NRHS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2012
Firestone, CO
I have ordered one today even with the word that Polaris will be providing me something similar to yours. Your part just seems to be better to me and I can help support the efforts you have done even if in the end you don't sell a lot of them.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Seems like maybe Polaris should have just used this existing, and available, solution for their customers. Just saying...

F

Flygti32

Dec 5, 2011
lbert, SK Canda
Its a shame patent application takes so long to do. If i guy could have got a patent then sold it to Polaris?? CHAA Ching!!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
If I had a 13 a clamp like this is what I would install. Not containing the stub like this is a mistake IMO.

Id buy one but I run a CNC shop so I will just make one for my buddies sled.

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Big Ling - I'm wondering if your clamp can be installed with Lords adhesive? Seems like adding adhesive would make this even more durable and a potentially permanent fix.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
With the lords adhesive... you have to worry about getting the parts togehter before it "kicks"

A better choice IF you decided to do this would be, IMO, The Lord MaxLok MX/T18 with it's longer working time, You would still need to get all of your tools ready and I'd highly recommend that you do a "dry run" to make sure it all goes together easily and you have all the right tools on hand... If you DID go this route... best IMO to do it out of the sled.

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
RE:Bonding Collar

This is definitely the way to go, we by design added features to our design with this approach in mind such as added clearance to accommodate adhesive in critical areas and double the contact area to transfer the load deeper into the driveshaft body away from lamination zone .
We want to stress the importance of taking your sled to the dealer for them to perform the necessary inspections per their service bulletin in which they check the potential run out and any mismatch between the driveshaft body and driven end insert.<O:p</O:p
We will produce detail outline of this process as soon as we get some of the correct adhesive

Thanks again for all the support

Sam

Last edited:
Premium Features