• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Box Stock M8 vs Pro...1st Outing....VIDEO

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
I looked really close and it appeared as the Polaris had a packed section of snow for the first 20 feet. Wish he had put it in fresh snow so I wouldn't be wondering if that slightly better snow off the line gave him enough run to out climb the other sled. I ride a new Pro 800. Either way it held its own since it is "underpowered". I can sleep tonight lol!

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Just a quick unprepared and definitely unperfect video. The pro definitely had the edge all day....mostly when you hit the untracked stuff. The M8 would bleed of speed and the pro stayed up on top better and kept going. The Poo would jump up on the snow when you whacked the throttle where the M8 would sink and then come up a little later. Both AWESOME sleds....both had great power and handling. I would be happy on either one.

Oh yeah, 153 and 155 tracks.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
crap..well from a dead stop uphill the pro...uhmm... rmk beat the cat m-800..both 153-155 sleds bone stock out of the box..the rmk jumped out to a lead and held 2-3 length lead all the way up the hill..including the himark...

S
Oct 29, 2008
Cool video. I raced a m1100t the other day at wolf creek on my td8. Beat it pretty darn easy. 4 races switching sleds back and forth.....same results. After riding that I think 4 strokes have a long way to go to compete in the mtns. Terrain Domination!

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
That proclimb trenched in exactly like the old M8's do. I called this last season when the first pics came out and the rear susp hadn't changed. Unless they can get that sled up on top of the snow it will never win in a race like this.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
it looks like both sleds started off on a packed track. is hard to see but it almost looks like the cat poached trail at least 1/3 of the way up while the pro was carving in fresh after 20 feet. if you stop the footage right after they hit the gas you'll see why the poo is kicking the cats butt. the cat trenches all the way to the boards and the pro pops right up and is not dragging the chassis for the first 20 feet. weight and a better chassis is why the pro is the sled to beat...

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
you should post it up in the proclimb section under the title weight does matter;)
crap sandman...everyone of them is going to be here pretty quick anyway saying how it was rigged/unfair/not equal riders..blalbla bla.....but I like that idea....who's brave?

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
I rode both on the same hill, back to back. It was easy to tell which one had more float. At least it appears that Polaris did their homework on this sled. :plane:

Premium Features