• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Choosing the right Venting for your M Series

J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
BDX's side panel vents seems to be almost 1/2 the price of anyone else's vents on the market. Are they any good? I'm looking for something that will not break every time i go for a ride. What are the better vents on the market?

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
hi
talk to mike at moflow vents his are the best i have used also has vents for the hood and other parts also makes them for other models
hope this helps
jim

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
I had Fastlane, but switched to 2Cool and would never go back. The 2Cool are the best I have seen out there. They don't have the frame on the outside, so they don't get iced up, like the Fastlane ones did along the frame.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I had Fastlane, but switched to 2Cool and would never go back. The 2Cool are the best I have seen out there. They don't have the frame on the outside, so they don't get iced up, like the Fastlane ones did along the frame.

X2 I have 2 cools and they are better than anything else i have used or seen so far.

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
BDX's side panel vents seems to be almost 1/2 the price of anyone else's vents on the market. Are they any good? I'm looking for something that will not break every time i go for a ride. What are the better vents on the market?

i have the bdx ones on my crossfire. they seem to be pretty good. the reason they are cheaper is because instead of an aluminum or plastic framework, the frame is 3M tape. don't let that fool you, that tape is really good stuff. you better have your next move planned when putting them on.
they stick fast.

you have a couple options as far as the holes go. you can either take a hole saw and cut a few in there, or you can do like i did and cut out all 3 vented area's. it was a pain. i got creative though. i took 3 sheets of paper and taped them together. i laid a vent on top of the paper and traced the outside of it and cut it out. then, i went old school. like elementary school actually. i put the vent down on the table and laid the paper i just cut out on top of it. took some pencil lead and laid it flat on the paper and shaded the paper. this gave me the outlines of the vented area's. see, all that screwing around in elementary school did teach us something.

i then cut out the traced area. i pulled my side panels off the sled and put them on the table. i placed the paper on the panel and located it where i wanted to put the vent. took a sharpie and traced the outline of the vent and the holes i was about to cut.

i then took the heat shield off the can side and the insulation off the clutch side of the panels. i used a cut off wheel to get the holes close, then i used a die grinder to get the radius's of the holes. took a long time, but i was satisfied with the outcome. here's what they look like. oh, and you don't even have to take the decal's off. nice thing about it, if you poke a hole in one, you are only out 60 bucks. who knows, BDX might be nice and just let you buy the side you broke.

side panel vent.jpg

go with modrods all kits have the abs frame that will flex not bend like alluminum when you roll over or hit trees. The mesh is a plastic coated fiber mesh that is very strong. All clutch side vents have a second layer of prefilter to keep even the finest of powder off your clutches. These vents look bad a$$ and work even better. So if you are looking for smoking prices on a set of vents check them out you wont be dissapointed

modrods.com

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
hood vents around the gauge cluster removes far more heat then the side vents, yes i think the sides needs some vents.....but hot air tends to move up more then to the side, i also made a hood lift somewhat like the one RKT offers...except mine uses a old ski/spindle rubber block and it bolted to the plastic bulkhead......this free mod works great:beer;

understand raising the hood a bit does allow some fine suger snow to come in the engine bay one each side.....not a big deal to me

also, you cant beat XXXMODS prices, simple screen and a fair price, i dont have em but others i know do....i love the great price and screen locations they have for the XP

B
Jan 20, 2009
Kinda a litttle off topic but how do they install? I've herd some people cut out the entire side vent and some others just use a hole saw and cut a bunch of holes?

Jan 4, 2008
Alaska
I used a 2" hole saw on my side panel vents (keeps the panel stronger IMO). What would be the best way to go with the hood vents though? Cut away the entire area or use a hole saw:confused:. I cant imagine the hood taking as much abuse as the side panels.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I cut out "Most" of the side material...I pretty much cut out where ever the screen was on my sides and left the rest so that I could rivet them on all the way around and down the middle on the supports of the vent...

IMG_1059.jpg

Last edited:
J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
I'm flatland riding so heat won't be as big an issue as you gusy out west but I still want to cool the clutches down some as they get very hot as it is. Are the SLP vents any good ?

Premium Features