• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lolo, Surveyor, HooDoo, Lookout--Stateline Riders Assn: 2014-15

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I didn't get a lot of pics, but here is a tease.

I took my two oldest and my dad, CrazyRed. We walked the road out a bit before I fired up my sled.
This is what my entire ride looked like though.
Not much off trail riding to be found where we looked.

DSC00705.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I went two miles in and then turned around. The road melted out too much and the gaps between snow were too far.

At least I got to ride on July 16th. :)

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
We parked at the outhous and walked around the gate. I rode that road that we take to the test hill. The one that is always driftred sideways behind the gate.

I only went in a little ways till the snow got too thin...didn't make it to the little switchbacks.

I don't know how far you can go.

I walked up the ridgeline trail for a bit and found some snow... you'd have dirt for a couple hundy yards before snow...and I don't know how long it will hold out. I don't know if you can get over the test hill at all...never got that far. Not even close. I wasn't trying to make it back there and I don't know that you can sled to it or not. I'd like to know though. LOL

The road is still closed on the I-90 side. You have to go through Lolo unless you have the balls to cross this.

I don't think it's too deep to cross in a lifted pickup at all...but hard telling how soft it is.

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

M

MissoulaZ28

Feb 3, 2010
Wow, that is a little worse than when I was up there. hopefully they get it fixed before hunting season, might put a cramp in where i go.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Cool pic scott. The weather man says that we've got another kicka$$ sledding winter coming. We should all get together and do a forum ride up fish before they close it on us. I haven't been up Williams lake yet, but I've heard that's good riding too?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
If we do a forum ride someone is gonna have to give Relentless a ride in two-up because he doesn't even own a sled...I'm not sure why he even posts on here.:boxing:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ill have a boosted sled agian before snow fall, sledfvr im common up tonight to take that sled, you take a check lol ...:face-icon-small-win I am going to try taking the tracked atv
into survy this winter

Better have a winch, shovel and plenty of rope. You might wanna have a heli on speed dial.

I

IndoubtGASIT

Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Scott,
I saw you headin south on 93 with your atv and sled on a 2 man on saturday.
I thought to myself maybe, just maybe..... he went riding.
That is awesome!

Premium Features