• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lolo, Surveyor, HooDoo, Lookout--Stateline Riders Assn: 2014-15

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Lilith

We were headed that way from the top the other day, but didn't make it found some good stashes along the way..

Those snow bumps are still a little nerve racking,,,,,,, is it a little tree,,,,,,, or a stump,,,,,,,, was cringing on a couple of em and got lucky........

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
rode today, beautiful day with about a foot or so of fresh powder, still need more but its getting really nice up there, my new axys flat rips, very nice sled to ride for sure

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Well

Went up Lola for a little rip on Sunday with MB7 and her pink Ax, that thing sure gets oogled at.... Most people I've seen up there in a long time,,,,, some peeps don't seem very friendly, maybe my sled is too loud???

turboyammy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Billings
I'm going to be in Missoula next weekend and want a good place to ride on Saturday, any suggestions on where to go? I usually ride Cooke

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
we did lost horse twice in the last 3 days, not bad but really we need another couple feet of snow, found some really good riding deep in the tree areas, most of the open stuff is pretty hard and tracked up bad. Its deep enough to hide a lot off stuff so care is the order of the day. Both turbos worked great as well as my axys. Still a fun ride just need 3-4 feet more on top of whats there already

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Went to that "bowl" up above Lilly Lake yesterday. Took the road right in to it. Looks like a few peeps were there in the last couple days. Pretty tracked up. Nobody tried to go up to that little saddle on the upper west end. I've seen tracks go up and out of that before, though it's through the trees.

Lots of boulders showing though, probably why nobody tried it.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Ok sukkas

It's a new year, and a new world, these bikes are definitely the ticket, I never believed in boundaries anyway.... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
ez biking

ease into that thing if your going bike'n. Early season stumps are way worse on the body , up side is bike easier to fix than sled.

Keep in mind if you wander the questionable areas you might be able go where they can''t, but you stick out and are obvious at parking lots etc and its hard to blame your tracks on " those other guys".

Up side, with a little looking around we seldom run into sleds and after 4 or 5 years of the bikes we have ridden more country without a sled track than with. We generally just go back and ride a lot of our summer biking areas, no sleds and no body. The sidehills just wipe out sleds and sled activity , but you just roll along on the bike.

Premium Features