• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail tech voyager for us doo owners

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just got my Trailtech back. The repair depot said it worked fine for them so something at my end was not right. They were kind enough to update it and put the Canadian map on for me. I still don't know why the memory cards I tried did not work??

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I had to send mine in yesterday. I turned it off and removed the power to it, and its two red lights started flashing. I pushed the power button and it didn’t change anything. It never powered back up.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Just got my Trailtech back. The repair depot said it worked fine for them so something at my end was not right. They were kind enough to update it and put the Canadian map on for me. I still don't know why the memory cards I tried did not work??
Unless the software update fixed something, that seems suspicious. I've played around with SD and micro SD cards between my laptop, phone, cameras and computer with various card readers and never had one fail to be recognized. Unless it's a combination of a very old device with a new card, or vice versa (like a card you pulled out of a drawer or found in an old camera old), or the card is using a non-typical formatting, it should just work. Most come pre-formatted: even I don't bother messing with it, and it's only techy types who still bother to reformat a new card these days. If the unit requires a different format than what new cards are typically shipped with, that would explain the problem, but it would be a huge oversight if that's not mentioned in their documentation. If it were me and it still wouldn't read your cards, I'd try some different formats on one and see if it makes a difference. It'll be interesting to see if it works fine now, in which case I'd say it was a software problem. Either way, it doesn't seem like the quality control is where it should be on these...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Looking a bit closer the software update installed at the repair depot appears to be an older version. This is a bit curious to me but all works fine. I will now wait to try a SD Card of my buddy's over the Christmas break that he said works fine in his. The photo behind is the original insatallion info.

trailtech2.jpg

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Teth-Air, Our group just got a few of these TT's, and trying to install at the moment. My SW version is the same as your previous VPSB9.V32315A and looks to be the current one on Trail Tech's website.
I thought all the topo maps for North America would already be uploaded on these, but when I zoom into the rockies i see zero topo's.
Topo's setting is turned on, and shows 10.5 GB of Topo maps, but must be a generic upload.
Obviously I need to aquire a Canadian map and upload it onto my mini SD. And need to figure out how to download my maps from my inreach explorer and upload onto this unit.

Last edited:

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
For other 'not so great tech wizards' like myself, Looks like maps by country are easy to acquire from Trail tech's website for download.
Canada file is 20.9 GB and US is 21.4 GB file. Alaska/Hawaii 6.3 GB

1702493526219.png

Last edited:

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Hey Teth-Air,
Spec sheet shows 32 GB of internal storage.
If this is the case, I would be able to upload the Canada map onto each Voyager in our group with 1 SD card, after deleting some base maps, but sounds to good to be true.
IMG_8039.JPG

Last edited:

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I'd really like TT to come out with a charger or dock for the unit that is wall outlet ready or USB capable.

Just noticed on their site, the unit isn't capable of charging below 0*c???

Either way, pretty happy with how mine mounted to my 24 Shredder. Hope the antenna works from under the unit like that.

20231213_142042.jpg 20231212_200226.jpg 20231212_201550.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

2023-12-13_15-57-12.jpg

GeoPDF LINKS

Find interesting links to GeoPDF tools and files for specific locations. This curated list only scratches the surface of what is available on the internet.

GEOPDF MAPS ARE AVAILABLE FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES AROUND THE WEB:

1. CALTOPO.COM(online app for map customizing with MBTile and GeoPDF exports
  2. USGSgovernment maps (premade GeoPDFs of the United States)
  3. BLM
  4. ArcGIS(variety of desktop and cloud app possibilities for technical users)
  5. QGIS(highly technical applications for creation and publishing of geospatial information as GeoPDFs. There is no cap on what can be achieved)
  6. From ADV Rider

GEOPDF MAPS FOR SPECIFIC AREAS:

1. IDAHO
  2. OREGON
  3. WASHINGTON
  4. CALIFORNIA
  5. MINNESOTA
  6. WYOMING
2023-12-13_15-58-10.jpg

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I wired up my Voyager Pro to my 2024 Summit Expert N/A using a Grip-n-Rip 3-prong adapter on the accessory plug up front. When the sled is running, the Voyager Pro is powered and works great.

I then wired in a small 12V battery, and although it powers the trail tech when the sled is off, the headlights and taillight also turn on with the sled off.

I've wired the battery to the 3-prong accessory plug under the gas tank with another Grip-n-Rip adapter and also connected it to the same leads on the front accessory plug adapter as the trail tech. Same scenario both locations. I've connected to the black and red wires on the Grip-n-Rip adapters.

Has anyone else wired in a battery and had the lights stay on? Any suggestions?
I haven't tried connecting to the 2-prong adapter under the console, but I see no reason why that would act any differently than the 3-prongs.
well the 3 pin harness is switched to the headlights with that harness primary accessory being the auxiliary lighting you can get on the trail models. That is highlighted by the grey wire being the hot lead for high beam activation.

I wired mine direct to the auxiliary supply 2 pin connector, same as the gen 4, for the USB plug behind the gauge. I have not yet had a chance to test the setup though.

I am interested in how you hooked up the battery? Assuming your using something like a milwaukee 12v adapter or something?

Last edited:
G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
I bought one directly from Trailtech a couple weeks ago. Everything installed well and all looked good until I tried to add a new map. The micro-SD card would not read, Tried 3 freshly formated cards before contacting Trail-Tech to look into shipping back for warranty, It is with them now and I am waiting to hear.

What size memory card are you using? Website says 64GB max.
Many small devices can't handle really large capacity or really high/low spec cards. I'd also suggest you format the card in the TT itself before using.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
This may help someone from throwing it against the wall lol.
Being from Canada, and our groups Voyager Pro's where shipped out of the US, there wasn't many topo maps for Canada.
Downloaded the Canada map from TT's webpage, which took an hour. Put in onto new mini SD (no formatting required) and stuck it in the Voyager.
Wouldn't upload at first as I was trying to upload from the Map Screen under custom maps = no go. This maybe Teth-Airs upload issue ?
This Youtube below shows how to update firmware and map files at minute 1:30.
For Country Maps you have to start on:
Settings > Utilities > Software Update > Update Map Data > SD Card > then choose your file. Took approx 40 mins to upload so hooked in to a battery.
Once done, you will have detailed mapping for the country, and mini SD card can be removed, as this map is on internal storage.

U
Apr 20, 2020
well the 3 pin harness is switched to the headlights with that harness primary accessory being the auxiliary lighting you can get on the trail models. That is highlighted by the grey wire being the hot lead for high beam activation.

I wired mine direct to the auxiliary supply 2 pin connector, same as the gen 4, for the USB plug behind the gauge. I have not yet had a chance to test the setup though.

I am interested in how you hooked up the battery? Assuming your using something like a milwaukee 12v adapter or something?
I connected a rechargeable battery pack to the 3-pin harness leads. Besides the back-feed issue, now I'm questioning if the sled will recharge the battery pack. I'm going to wire in a diode for the back-feed issue.
Amazon product ASIN B077Y9HNTF

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Hey Teth-Air,
Spec sheet shows 32 GB of internal storage.
If this is the case, I would be able to upload the Canada map onto each Voyager in our group with 1 SD card, after deleting some base maps, but sounds to good to be true.
View attachment 412737
Yes I can see the internal memory on mine too, only the instructions say to use a SD card to download the map and then go to the updates option and select the map file from you card. I could not see the card at all. You should be able to use the same card in each gauge to save the desired map.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
This may help someone from throwing it against the wall lol.
Being from Canada, and our groups Voyager Pro's where shipped out of the US, there wasn't many topo maps for Canada.
Downloaded the Canada map from TT's webpage, which took an hour. Put in onto new mini SD (no formatting required) and stuck it in the Voyager.
Wouldn't upload at first as I was trying to upload from the Map Screen under custom maps = no go. This maybe Teth-Airs upload issue ?
This Youtube below shows how to update firmware and map files at minute 1:30.
For Country Maps you have to start on:
Settings > Utilities > Software Update > Update Map Data > SD Card > then choose your file. Took approx 40 mins to upload so hooked in to a battery.
Once done, you will have detailed mapping for the country, and mini SD card can be removed, as this map is on internal storage.

I was following these directions. My card is not a visible option to select. I think something to do with my formatting may be the problem as none of my cards work.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
UPDATE!

Got my voyager pro to read my SD Cards. Turns out even though I was using the proper file format when formatting, Window was doing something to make the cards unreadable on the Voyager. I had my son who is in IT figure it out. As soon as we downloaded a 3rd party formatting software and used it, the cards now work. I shared this with ''trailtech so they can help others with this issue.

arn2805

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2013
I just picked up a TT for my summit. I've got it connected to an old atv battery while I do the setup so I'm not doing it with the sled running.

I'm trying to test the buddy tracking with the polaris ride command app on my phone. I can't get either one to find each other. Does anyone know if it will connect to the cell phone ride command app or am I missing something?

Premium Features