• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Rumor

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I hope not a 600, I had a cat turbo 600 and it had no torque off the line with the turbo back pressure and add turbo hesitation on top of it. It made it impossible to ride the trees. Of coarse some will say a perfect set up will eliminate turbo lag but why not start with a torquier motor in the first place. Go bigger and just lower boost. This way it will not ride on the edge of destruction aswell. Really wouldn't most of us be happy with a motor that had 170 hp at any altitude?

When was this? 2006.. turbos are light years ahead now days and the new pro motor is hell a lot better then that M6 I assume you had it on! Just a rumor I heard ; ) this 600 is amazing I've owned the 800 last year and rode the demo 600 and felt better in technical lines on the 6 with quicker revs, plus I didn't worry about motor shelling on me!

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
When was this? 2006.. turbos are light years ahead now days and the new pro motor is hell a lot better then that M6 I assume you had it on! Just a rumor I heard ; ) this 600 is amazing I've owned the 800 last year and rode the demo 600 and felt better in technical lines on the 6 with quicker revs, plus I didn't worry about motor shelling on me!

Never trust a Demo sled, they are mapped different and clutched different, I rode a so called M7 demo once that would blow away a full mod m1000, (which it might have been) Your smokin something believing a 600 is better especially vs a suzuki laydown.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Your the one with a major screw loose thinking a M6 can compare with the pro 6! come on WYO come back to earth

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Ummm ok? Pretty sure the 600 platform has proven itself year after year and can produce just as much if not more then the old M6 with any kit! Ill leave it at that i know this motor can run with pro 800 ive tested it myself, a PAR head and carls clutching this thing flat out performs! Now back on track with 2014 rumors : )

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
HMMM... Rumors... eh?

Turbo 2 stroke meeting EPA regs???

Cost to develop vs. potential profit?

Units sold vs. Warranty issues?

True Marketability??

I really dont see it happening from an OEM.

The readers on here really are a small percentage of the riders (minority)... and the majority is what drives decisions at the factory.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Turbo 2 stroke meeting EPA regs???

Cost to develop vs. potential profit?

Units sold vs. Warranty issues?

True Marketability??

I really dont see it happening from an OEM.

The readers on here really are a small percentage of the riders... and that majority is what drives decisions at the factory.
Eric..in the old days yeah I would agree with you..but today? when the pro rmk is the top selling sled period(flatlands included)..that is a pretty big market representation..think about it..how hard to give boondockers a sled and say..low boost/reliable/inexpensive?...not that hard really..with the current digital wrench and a built in ebc..polaris could easily make it tamper proof..and surely there is a demand..that means a profit..as for epa..low boost shouldnt really change its current emissions output enough to fail considering the test points(no full throttle/load test that I have seen..its all part throttle/cruise or idle test right now.......which shouldnt raise current emissions much at all(thats the reason you can put a blower/turbo kit on a car and still pass the IM, it doesnt affect the current test points enough to fail)..hard to say but I have heard they have been working on a low boost rmk 2 stroke...

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
In most cases i would agree mountain horse but 6-7 yrs ago who thought we would be tip toeing the 400lb. Mark on a mountain sled with 155 and. 163in tracks and paying $12k for them! And having belt drive, anything is possible ..

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Ummm ok? Pretty sure the 600 platform has proven itself year after year and can produce just as much if not more then the old M6 with any kit! Ill leave it at that i know this motor can run with pro 800 ive tested it myself, a PAR head and carls clutching this thing flat out performs! Now back on track with 2014 rumors : )

So your saying mod for mod the poo 600 is just going to blow away everything else, ok.
Not to mention the 1st thing you better do is pull the crank and get the throw set 180 off

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
This was discussed in another thread and I wouldn't be surprised to see it. I don't know what the Weber 750 Turbo weighs, but if they continue to lighten the chassis and come in at 450 ish lbs with 180 RELIABLE hp at altitude??? Might be worth a look if the chassis can take it and I haven't touched a 4 stroke since I sold my 270hp T-Nytro (tank).

184315_1892108223964_1279260016_2298671_1131494_n.jpg

S

scrfce

Oct 10, 2009
bc
Isn't that what i said by saying its the only mtn sled on the market, you also added you are suckered into the sled less the engine, why would they change anything.
But its a complete wet dream to think they could make this motor and turbo live, bd or poo.

Why do you guys say that its the only mtn sled?? I know u guys bleed red white and blue but have none of u tried the xm? It IS a mtn sled and a damn good one at that. And just for clarification ive got a 13 pro coming but if ur a sledding diehard youd be a fool to discredit the etech xm,,,, if it wasnt almost $1500 more to buy one here i probably woulda got one

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I've bought 9 sleds in the last 18 years and 6 of them were new.

What is the market for $12,000 to $13,000 sled? Now add 2-4 thousand for a turbo, how many $16,000 sleds are they really going to sell?

That's getting into some pretty rare territory. How often do you see a Crazy Mountain Extreme out in the wild?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Why do you guys say that its the only mtn sled?? I know u guys bleed red white and blue but have none of u tried the xm? It IS a mtn sled and a damn good one at that. And just for clarification ive got a 13 pro coming but if ur a sledding diehard youd be a fool to discredit the etech xm,,,, if it wasnt almost $1500 more to buy one here i probably woulda got one

1 big reason, it sidehills at least 10* steeper of a slope than the PC and even more on the XM, its just simple geometry and physics.
BTW, your accusing the wrong guy of bleeding, I own a cat and started on doo because my dad owned a doo dealership in the 80's and 90's, but the pro chassis is hands down the best on the market, the only thing it needs is a reliable motor IMO.
That XM needs a dam wide load snow flap on it. Mtn riding isn't about going up anymore its about everything all together and when I head down a 60* or steeper slope I need to be able to control it on edge, which I can hands down prove the PC and XM wont do like the pro or the M or my modified PC.
One thing more than anything I would like to see for 2014 is if Suzuki made a deal with Polaris.
But we will see, the 2014 emissions are harsh, and if the D bag gets re elected I think we are F cked big time, if that happens I may go max out all my credit cards to buy as many Suzuki 800 ho motors I can find. The last time doo had something was in 06

and don't waste my time trying to tell me the others in stock form will sidehill (sure they will but not like a pro), I got a $1000 that says you can't take the same line.

Last edited:
I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I heard they're going back to a single ring piston and adding another .075 material to the cylinder skirts. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe 5th times the charm. :face-icon-small-con

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Sooooo mo better.

Just heard a rumor about the 2014's. Polaris will offer a turbo (boondocker) on the Pro. 5 pounds of boost.

15's come with a second signature line for ownership allows your friend who don't give a shat, same as action figure, they'll ride it into the ground if you can't! :yo:

Premium Features