• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lolo, Surveyor, HooDoo, Lookout--Stateline Riders Assn: 2014-15

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Better have a winch, shovel and plenty of rope. You might wanna have a heli on speed dial.

That's about right. How the hell do you get one of those unstuck? I bet they get high centered pretty quick.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Scott,
I saw you headin south on 93 with your atv and sled on a 2 man on saturday.
I thought to myself maybe, just maybe..... he went riding.
That is awesome!

Yes you did see me. I had my sprayer tank on the 850. LOL
You know how it gets up there...a 100 feet of snow and a mile of dirt.
So I took the bike along just in case I ran into snow and needed to pull the trailer through.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sure you can Westmont, you know that area better than me. Do you guys ever ride Williams lake at all?

Jesse, I parked on ID side of Lolo Pass in 2008. FANTASTIC ride into Williams. We put on about 80 miles that day. We rode into Williams and dropped down into S. Fork of Kelly Creek. ONE creek bottom separated us from Surveyor. We could have gone all the way through.

I know that Westmont did that this year...I KNOW he did. I don't know how he did it for sure...but I am pretty sure I know how to make it happen. And it's not very hard to do either.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
I've rode Williams also. We'll have to get together and show you around that area.

Not really sure why but I've also always wanted to connect the two riding areas together (Surveyor and Williams Lake) and this year myself and a couple others did it. I guess more so just to say we did it or it could be done. It was a great day with great friends. Even got to name a few new areas like "victory pass"(really the connection between the two areas on our given route when we knew we were going to make it or had our best chances of making it), "devils mouth" (a huge cool drainage but it also looked like a serious avy drainage), and the best of all was "buttercup hill"(someone might have got stuck on this one.....just saying...lol).

It's quite a trip thru there to connect the two. 12.5 or so miles from near williams lake to leo thru the hills the route we took. As a crow fly's its not that far. 12.5 miles doesn't really sound that far but when you factor in that you have to either get to williams or near leo before you start the count down of 12 plus miles it becomes an all day adventure. I think we put on around 70-75 miles that day. Maybe more. We started on the Lolo side and went over to leo and smokey lake area and back to the Lolo side that day. That's with connecting the two areas in mind and not playing around as much as one might like to do.

Between the two areas are some of the coolest riding areas yet (I would bet very few sleds have ever seen some of these areas) but if you were to ask me where my favorite place is to ride I would still say hands down Surveyor. For the most part I know the area well and always like searching for new nooks and crannies to get to different places that I haven't been to before.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
John, you looked at my pics that I took between Shale Mtn and Williams Lake, right?
I bet I know that spot where "very few sleds have ever seen some of these areas". I bet I was there. I really think I was. We ALMOST got down to the creek junction where you'd turn to go up into Surveyor from the Williams side.

Let's get together and look at Google Earth to compare notes. Come on up one night...I've buy the beverages.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
John, you looked at my pics that I took between Shale Mtn and Williams Lake, right?
I bet I know that spot where "very few sleds have ever seen some of these areas". I bet I was there. I really think I was. We ALMOST got down to the creek junction where you'd turn to go up into Surveyor from the Williams side.

Let's get together and look at Google Earth to compare notes. Come on up one night...I've buy the beverages.

Sounds like a little more than just comparing notes to me! Lol:boxing:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Hey Westmont I wouldn't mind trying to get Relentless into kid lake on a tow behind sled. Anyone have one we could borrow? Maybe a toboggan? At least he could ride it down some of the rock chutes in Kid when we got there.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
I have just what we need to pull that off. It's the hard composite type so the ride may be bumpy but that will be the least of relentless rider's concerns after about the first fifty feet or so after dropping into Kidd.lol :kev:

relentless rider, the question is did you like it? :face-icon-small-blu

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Do you still have the Pro Westmont? Did you get enough seat time on the 900 to get her all tuned in?

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Traded the 2011 pro (still have it in my possession) for a 2012.
Still have the 903 also. Never did get it running as well as I wanted too (clutching). It never seen the snow last year as I hoped. Have more than enough parts to build it back up (burned one side down in Revy) so sometime I'll get it fixed back up and take your advise and clutch it like I had my ported 800. She's sure to rip then.
The pro is easy on the body and a fun to ride but lacks in the power department. Throw a turbo on it and it would be a blast to ride.

Premium Features