• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

History of the forum......

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A
Dec 12, 2007
BC
The essence of a web forum is that it is free.

This forum will be replaced with another free forum and loose all of its members.
how many of us would have joined if it wasnt free? not many.

I just joined snow and mud.com

M

Montana

Jul 5, 2001
Columbia Falls
Big Darrin said the old threads are gone. They are on tape somewhere and they can't find them. Too bad. Good stuff.

Oh yeah..those are good ones.
I remember when MP didn't show up to his own forum ride...not that they knew of anyway.

Remember his "cousin" Phil Bowman?

What's up with Doug..where did he go?

Remember Wildcard vs. Valley Girl?

Remember when the Oberti brothers fought like....brothers? GOOD stuff there.

RIP Billy Goat and Mrs. Billy Goat. They died in a plane crash.

Remember when SilverTip got a LOT of crap for riding in his Makinaw and now helmet?

I know I have 383 pics around too.

I didn't know the Powder Girl was an alter? I've met her. LOL

You can find Doug on www.archerytalk.com He is pretty big into target archery and bowhunting now days. He goes by AKdoug over there.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
SCOTT, first off, thanx for one of the best all time best threads on the 4M, well done my friend,

It sincerely brought an honest tear to mah eye.:)

Second; without this forum, i would have never met, right at 50 lifelong friends, for that, I am truely blessed.

Some pics ...............

TetoniceBigJohn1.jpg

Jeeper Cuttin Pow.jpg REJET (Frankster) in IP sm.jpg Area 51 Tdoo & Cdoo.jpg Revy Keeping the Canucks Warm.jpg Revy Jeeper Tdoo & TIM.jpg Al wtf.jpg pinkdoSLUTs o.jpg

Jan 8, 2008
Idafrigginho
Scott. . .this is great stuff. . .haven't logged into the forum for quite sometime. When I search the archives you posted. . .sometimes my puter times out. ..says the archive isn't available?

It would be great to find some of the early posts. . .me writing to the Polaris CEO "Stue P Dass". . .the one where I offered Freak to sleep in the barn with our sheep. . .and I would have the wife break out the corning ware. . .the one about the newspaper headlines that Freak got stuck in the deep dark forest, "Local snowmobiler got frost bite on all 21 appendages, all fingers & toes were saved, sadly, one appendage was to small to survive". . .the butt crack chaffing thread was hilarious. . .one of the early ones when a lady in Island Park let me set the hook deep. . .she got ALL wound up when I asked her if her husband warmed her jugs before he took her for a ride. . .

Last edited:

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
I joined this place quite a while ago and i have loved every minute of it, all the info, opinions, pictures and funny chit on here is priceless. The 4M's have definately changed over the years, but i dont think we should all give up on it. Scott, i love the farmer and field analogy, makes sense and tells the story to a "t". Im glad i joined and i'll definately be here no matter what.

himarker out

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Dammit I wish I could find the thread about SNOWBLIND being pissed about no milk in Island Park, and then in the same thread posting a pic of himself in cowboy gear!! Slim's reply (my all-time favorite SW forum post) that started with something like "well spitooey!..." and referenced the "shiitass" on the dude's lip was an all-time classic!

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
Scott. . .this is great stuff. . .haven't logged into the forum for quite sometime. When I search the archives you posted. . .sometimes my puter times out. ..says the archive isn't available?

It would be great to find some of the early posts. . .me writing to the Polaris CEO "Stue P Dass". . .the one where I offered Freak to sleep in the barn with our sheep. . .and I would have the wife break out the corning ware. . .the one about the newspaper headlines that Freak got stuck in the deep dark forest, "Local snowmobiler got frost bite on all 21 appendages, all fingers & toes were saved, sadly, one appendage was to small to survive". . .the butt crack chaffing thread was hilarious. . .one of the early ones when a lady in Island Park let me set the hook deep. . .she got ALL wound up when I asked her if her husband warmed her jugs before he took her for a ride. . .

383, you may not believe this but I still remember your first post. I thought, is this guy for real?

a laughed a lot at you at first. Took a while but you earned a lot of respect on these forums with your rapier like wit. Lots of people tried but nobody matched wits with you. It was always fun watching some newbie kid wade in with a comment on your sled.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George BC
OMG thanks Scott - this is the forum I remember. I cannot even begin to name all of the great peeps I have met on here. I have been down to Haydays and down to Cooke for rides and parties with friends that I would have never met otherwise.
I do miss my desk job for the photoshop time and SW time though - lol - I have no idea how many Big Yellow and NMFH pics that I photoshopped over the years - including Slimmie as the Hulkster LMAO! I had forgotton that one!
Thanks for the memories my friends!

P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
I just want to point out the fact that cat woman gave AR a infraction or warning for using the same type of spelling method to change a word not allowed by this site. can you say Hypocrite??:rolleyes:

That is my biggest problem with this entire deal. BTW, I'm still selling ported chaincases.

Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Oh, all the fun threads there were to be had back then. Epic, and nowhere else have there been so much fun to be had, other forums just don't stack up to this one.

Jan 8, 2008
Idafrigginho
383, you may not believe this but I still remember your first post. I thought, is this guy for real?

a laughed a lot at you at first. Took a while but you earned a lot of respect on these forums with your rapier like wit. Lots of people tried but nobody matched wits with you. It was always fun watching some newbie kid wade in with a comment on your sled.

It was hilarious to see just how tight someones spring could be wound. . .the problem was that the 383 was for real. . .and still is. . .and after a while. . .people wouldn't take the bait. . .which took the fun out of it for me. I am planning a come back maybe in a couple of years. . .got some kids that I need to help with college etc first. ..but. . .kinda keeping my eyes pealed for a M8 motor. . .then will look to pipe in a little un-natural aspiration. . .might have to come back into the forum with an alter to make it work again. . .

1badm1

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 28, 2009
Wyoming
It would be great to find some of the early posts. . .me writing to the Polaris CEO "Stue P Dass". . .

Dear Polaris Boneheads,

I am writing you as a concerned and severly addicted sledhead. I am very concerned about your attempt of
manufacturing a mountain sled that will complete with the competion. I know that you spent $33,000,000 on
designing the 900 RMK. Judging from the product, you might consider investigating whether the $32,999,800 of
the $33M was spent by the top exec's on expensive liquid refreshments and cheap women. I would like to offer
you a proposal. You pay me a small fee of $15,000,000 and I will produce a mountain sled that would take the
competion a decade to catch up with. This offer will be good for 30 days. Call my secretary, Ineeda Enema at
1-800-RMK-JUNK.

Sincerely,

The Polaris Poem
By 383

Oh how great the anticipation, yes. . .the talk of the day,
The much awaited arrival of the Polaris 900. . .RMK,

The hype was plenty, oh yes stacked deep,
I had to wear waders to walk through the heep,

With visions of highmarking dancing in their heads,
Sheep herds of riders lay'd down 10 grand for these sleds,

Oh yes, look out the King Kat and the Doo,
The RMK will spank you silly and will look good to,

The day finally came when their was some snow,
Everybody loaded up and was on the go,

To move it around on the trailer, I gave it a yank,
Wholly butt pucker, this thing is a tank,

If you get this thing stuck, you'll have to be stout,
You'll need Hose A and Hose B to help get it out,

Then I noticed the sticker that caused my spirits to dive,
This sled will self distruct if run over 45,

I squoze the throttle with much anticipation,
It felt like I was on a train just leaving the station,

I waited this long to enjoy much riding splender,
But it rides like a mule and sounds like a blender,

All summer I've been pump'in weights to be a big enough man,
To only find out it runs like a 340 fan,

So slow was the ride, next time I have a hunch,
To get to the mountian, I'll have to bring a lunch,

Now off to the mod shop we haul the heep,
Please sir, bolt on anything that will make it run in the deep,

The news comes back that there is just no hope,
To enjoy this ride. . .simply smoke some dope,

The trees will look smaller and the hill will look steeper,
It will be easier than mods and a whole lot cheaper,

Now its the little sled that couldn't. . . yes, the talk of the day,
The famous Polaris 900. . .RMK!

If you would like copies of this poem for your personal use. . .please contact my agent Phil Mieshorts at
1-800-383-RULES.

Premium Features