• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YA man, its coming, its for real and without a turbo

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Great work as always Brad. And I'm sure Kurt will be dialing this motor in on boost, N/A, CFI, carbed, whatever. This will be my main summer mod next year, for sure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Great work as always Brad. And I'm sure Kurt will be dialing this motor in on boost, N/A, CFI, carbed, whatever. This will be my main summer mod next year, for sure.

Starts at about $12k.

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Lets see... If it is 15 lbs lighter than the CFi motor...

With some lightweight goodies on the sled... you could have a 200hp, 400lb, naturally aspirated sled on your hands.

DANG I need a better job.

Exactly my man, exactly. its the holy grail of sled combos. 200hp/400lbs, killer handling and modern.
there are folks out there who want just that and they can afford to pay the price of admission so here we are!

we did 'em years ago, but those old chassis weren't exactly great handling and/or durable (compared to now anyway!) unless it was a tube chassis (which put you into the price zone we are discussing now oddly enough):face-icon-small-sho

and we now have friendly fuel injection so the youngsters who can't comprehend a carburetor will feel like they do when they play video games!:typing:

Later guys, I've got a trade show to get beauty rest for:couch2:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
There are gobs of people roaming the earth that can afford this system..and I bet I could ad quite a number more if it really works. Crazy Mountain Extreme made a business for years building $26,000 customs and that was back in the day! I personally know of at least thirty guys riding sleds that they spent over 30K and most of them run, handle, and perform with a fair amount of mediocrity. (a few of them have two or three!)

Hope I get to ride one of these before I get too old or too broken down!

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
Lets see... If it is 15 lbs lighter than the CFi motor...

With some lightweight goodies on the sled... you could have a 200hp, 400lb, naturally aspirated sled on your hands.

DANG I need a better job.

more like 225 hp and 141 ft tq and 400 lbs .

I stripped all the wireing fuel pump and all that was in the 15 lbs differance in the motors.

Here is a pic for the pro install with twin pipes.There will be a single available soon. Also this was the very first dyno run with these pipes with a different set of pipes I will make 5 hp more. I am not totally happy with were it is at this moment but will be there soon!! Pretty impressive!!

Brad

twin%205.jpg

Attachments

• Scan_Doc0006[1].pdf
    539 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Brad and Curt,

Will there be a way to build this with the option of a full on silencer as compared to twin stingers for your pro installs ?

Stingers sound sweet for a lot of different situations, but having the option to go quieter if desired would be good.
I've heard some glass pack twins that sound better but they are still very loud.

Will you be offering these engines to clients in "packages" as Turn-key sleds ?

Last edited:
B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
bad to the bone. 225 N/A in 400lbs Pro... absurd. Great work. One day, one day....

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Brad and Curt,

Will there be a way to build this with the option of a full on silencer as compared to twin stingers for your pro installs ?

Stingers sound sweet for a lot of different situations, but having the option to go quieter if desired would be good.
I've heard some glass pack twins that sound better but they are still very loud.

Will you be offering these engines to clients in "packages" as Turn-key sleds ?

We've done some twins with compound glass packs that are VERY quiet-much quieter than most of the obnoxious silencers many are running on their stock pipes. IMO, they are much more pleasant to the ear than a reactive style muffler as well (read: SLP or "baffle" style)
The big JAWS 2 into 1 silencer (c-can , I believe is their term for it) has also been a really effective one on our big bores with twins. Neither with power loss.

the days of 3" glass packs on twin pipes are over for most of us but there are already good proven options available-it won't be a development issue-just a cost and fitment issue as usual.

Turn key sled packages have always been available from us-they are tough for me to quote generically since every one seems to get built differently to match the riders preference and abilities.

Brads already got an install set up for the Pro, and twin pipes. As he stated earlier, the single pipe is getting finished soon. I hope to test with both and also good old SLP twins with a few of our tweaks.

The IQ will require us to fit the pipes for now-the rest of the install will be simple.

So, engine packages with install packages--no problem. Turnkey sleds absolutely no problem-give us a call with the build decisions you've already made and we'll iron out the rest of the questions/details and give you a quote.

anyone happen to have a used up D-sports SCCA race car for sale? I'm lookin' to do some road racing with one of these buggers!:face-icon-small-hap

great questions guys-thanks for the feedback.

Curt

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
I am doing testing on the motor as we speak . I am building a way sweet single pipe and a revised version of the twins. Everything is set it stone and ready to go. I will post pics and dyno results of the single and the new twins shortly should be pretty impressive.

Brad

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
AS a fellow machinist band sledder I need to own one of those becuase I can truley appreciate what a piece of art and labor of love that is!

I was wondering if you bored the cases after anondizing I see from these pics that it has been done.

Bravo Fellas

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
AS a fellow machinist band sledder I need to own one of those becuase I can truley appreciate what a piece of art and labor of love that is!

I was wondering if you bored the cases after anondizing I see from these pics that it has been done.

Bravo Fellas
I machine the case then anodize the case, then I line bore the case . That way the case sealing surfaces are anodized.

Brad

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
so.... curt... compleate engine package, ready to drop and plug in on a 2011 pro with twin pipes running at 7,000 feet + would cost? do you have a guess?

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Man, honestly, I can't answer that question just yet. We are still nailing down the list of neccessary components.

It will really depend most on whether you are buying all of the external efi stuff new or used. The system is all based on the CFI4 --very little of the Pro stuff will work for our needs.

injectors, fuel controller, custom fuel rails, custom intake flange with injector mounting, stator, flywheel, injector and chassis harness, regulator, capacitor, ECM.....these are all the components you will need to do this deal so if you don't have a '08-'10 CFI4 sled laying around for parts, it can get expensive!

the pipes are fit for the Pro so thats an easy drop in.

Our fuel rail extrusion showed up today so we are one step closer!

Curt

Premium Features