• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YA man, its coming, its for real and without a turbo

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Here are the final build pics of the engine--fuel system is coming next!

pin bearings getting installed...

billetcfibigbore003.jpg

pistons installed...

billetcfibigbore007.jpg

cylinders ported, honed, chamfered and ready to drop on...

billetstrokercylinders001.jpg

shiney cylinders lubed up and installed...

billetcfibigbore018.jpg

domes machined and ready to bolt on...

billetcfibigbore021.jpg

exhaust flanges and exhaust valves bolted up...

billetcfibigbore019.jpg

intake flanges shined up and bolted on...these will change to an offset design to accept the oem throttle body...

billetcfibigbore028.jpg

water pump all buttoned up...

billetcfibigbore024.jpg

one more shot cuz its sooooo sexy!

billetcfibigbore030.jpg

OK, thats it for now--next up will be the fuel injection system. Brad is finishing the plate to bolt the CFI stator in so as soon as I have that, we'll be about ready to make smoke!

Curt

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Super kewl. Amazing work. I had about 2 minutes of day dreaming just now of what it would be like to have that in my Pro.

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Bad azz! So when exactly will the turbo be on?

Ryan, boost will be the last thing tested (to be honest, its not a priority for us at all as far as development of this engine goes-the buyer of this particular engine will drive that decision)-- My guess is it won't happen till early winter but ya never know with us!

As for weight--I believe Brads weighed 85#. I'll be out of the shop until Monday at a trade show-will verify weight for you guys then.

D-Lynns always millin around...he's kinda like a bad cold, ya know? or maybe a foot fungus? :face-icon-small-sho hmmm...I wonder if there is a 4Z ointment to alleviate the discomfort...:face-icon-small-blu

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
D-Lynns always millin around...he's kinda like a bad cold, ya know? or maybe a foot fungus? :face-icon-small-sho hmmm...I wonder if there is a 4Z ointment to alleviate the discomfort...:face-icon-small-blu[/QUOTE]

Yeh it's called vagasil!!!!LOL

Premium Features