• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WRP Wide Boards are installed. I'm more than Impressed

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Here's a couple pics with my boot as far in as it can go.
Don't really see any issues. Covers 2 full grippers and then some.

WRPWideBoardPics012.jpg

WRPWideBoardPics013.jpg

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I think the concern is that with the cleat close to the foot well your foot has the potential to become lodged and not release if need be. On the other side of the coin if snow builds up on the boards that can get dangerous too.
With any product you need to weigh your needs against what you feel comfortable with from a safety standpoint.
Very nice install! :beer;

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Yeah, I agree. I think Rob leaves the first 2 or 3 cleats off. Might be one of the changes WRP will be looking into. I'm used to my Snow Eliminators so these Mtn. Tuff boards feel like I have nothing but room to move and escape. Hopping side to side and front to back will be nice with the extra width. The down to uphill transitions carves will be sweet;)

Last edited:

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
I see you have new Seat on one sled. How much higher than stock is it and is it softer or harder than stock? Thinking of getting one for Edge but from pics looks like 4" higher than a boss would be? (at least on a edge chassis)

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
I see you have new Seat on one sled. How much higher than stock is it and is it softer or harder than stock? Thinking of getting one for Edge but from pics looks like 4" higher than a boss would be? (at least on a edge chassis)

Sorry, haven't checked the post for a while.
My Mountain Assault Seat is a Plus II, which means a 2 inch gain. It is softer than stock, a true Cadilac of a ride. Not a sit down rider but heading down the trail towards the cabin after a long day is plush on the trail.

120 miles on them now and lovin em.
novsnow09069.jpg

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
just wondering how everyone likes their wideboards after riding with them. any issues? I read that you shouldn't rivet into side of tunnel... true/false ?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I think the concern is that with the cleat close to the foot well your foot has the potential to become lodged and not release if need be. On the other side of the coin if snow builds up on the boards that can get dangerous too.
With any product you need to weigh your needs against what you feel comfortable with from a safety standpoint.
Very nice install! :beer;

I have 2 winters on robs boards on my 08..absolutely love them...but several times I still hooked a heal when trying to pull my foot out of the stirrups..I am going to try carls boards with the frt cleats facing backwards and see how they work.....
Picture202.jpg

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Seems to me that all the issues of boots being stuck is a Polaris design flaw. I hate that black tube. And yes, as stated already, my feet have been stuck before I ran Snow Eliminators or WRP Boards. I've also had a rear foot slip off the board and have to put my sled in a predicament.:eek:

I'll settle for extra traction any day. :)

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Seems to me that all the issues of boots being stuck is a Polaris design flaw. I hate that black tube. And yes, as stated already, my feet have been stuck before I ran Snow Eliminators or WRP Boards. I've also had a rear foot slip off the board and have to put my sled in a predicament.:eek:

I'll settle for extra traction any day. :)

I'm not so sure about that. I find That black bar is very helpful for downhill maneuvers. But I certainly understand the concern. I'll be finding out my self, as I'll be installing a set here soon.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I re-visited this thread as it's back on top. I still like the look of the install, and the product appears to be a top-quality design and build.

Myself, I like that silly little black tube, for some reason, I like to jam my foot up in there, and be able to pull up on it. I have not had an occasion yet where my foot has felt like it was 'stuck' in there.

'Cat has something similar to that tube on the m-series. a bit smaller, and also lower. I do prefer the Polaris design now that I've gotten to ride both side by side.

PE

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Has anyone had a problem with the bars bending with this kit? I would love a wider board but my stock bars are already bending and i would hate to buy new boards just to have the bar bend again. Guess im just wondering if they are stronger than stock like betterbars or are they the same as OEM?

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
Has anybody else installed a wide board kit? How are they? I like the looks of the Van Amburg kit with the alumnum rails but the cut outs seem a little small.
How about that taller WRP seat any feedback on that?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
just wondering how everyone likes their wideboards after riding with them. any issues? I read that you shouldn't rivet into side of tunnel... true/false ?

When you do rivet into the tunnel make sure the rivet does not rub the track or be in the travel path of the track.

Premium Features