• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who does the best porting on the 1000/1200 M motors

1100Cat

Nov 29, 2007
No deals just moving on, I do however have mmsports helping me out and trying to figure out how to get me a short block my way. And no my downed motor was not from him he is just being a stand up dealer and helping out. So hats of to mmsports and will keep everyone updated with the new 1200 from Brent/Arctic Edge.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Ok so the last post was a while ago... What has happened for you guys?? How is the port jobs treated you? I am wanting to port my m1000 and have and slp on it with a powercommander. WHO should i send the jugs off to this week?? If the porting isnt enough sled for me I will be turboing it, so who's porting will work great with a turbo? I know i will have to change the head a bit for boost, but i dont want to port now and find out later those jugs wont work..

I was going to post a new thread but i think this one needs to come to the top and have most of the guys tell us how their 2011/12 season was with porting , clutching it, and tuning them..

Thanks guys :)

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
What you have a 1000? Dang your fast. I can tell you one thging i just detuned my 1000 going from a 14.5-1 head to a 13.6-1 Every one said you won't even notice YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF LIERS The difference was very noticable.

M
Dec 23, 2010
O.K. stupid question, I've got full exhaust now and run premium. Can a worthwhile porting job be done wothout AV or race gas? Is it just a head and key that require the higher octane, also is a jug port job worth it or do you need the case done to?

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Porting assist the natural supercharging effect of the pipe. Having port work done can be the deciding factor of octane increase depending on how close to deto the motor currently operates at. My porter for the past 10 years has never insisted on the crankcase. A good resource for these types of questions on a specific motor, I contact Doug Ruth:

ruthpower.com

O.K. stupid question, I've got full exhaust now and run premium. Can a worthwhile porting job be done wothout AV or race gas? Is it just a head and key that require the higher octane, also is a jug port job worth it or do you need the case done to?

Premium Features