• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

White Mountains AZ

P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
Up to 7 Ft of new snow in last weeks storm, Real soft power and not to good ridding. Snow need to set up a bit to be great sledding. Looks like a banner year for snow fall. Enjoy

S
Jan 22, 2008
Last weekend was incredible- went anywhere and hit nothing- but spooky if you lost momentum or didn't stop in your own tracks. It warmed up this week, and snowed another foot up high. Should be even better now.
:flame:

C
Sep 12, 2009
Since I'm new to northern AZ, is there a good place to stage (somewhere near the sunrise ski resort) or someplace else that the locals recommend?
Plus, are the trails easily accessable or would we need a local guide to help up out.
Right now in Flagstaff, there a 3 of us looking for a new place to ride

P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
Sunrise

There is a staging area just past the ski area turn off about 2 miles, It has restroom and parking. The trails are just where ever any body has been. Real awsome place to ride. Was ther on Sat and the snow was specticular 6-8 ft of snow in the back country. First timers get you a forest map and copy the area and keep it with you. Big Lake is in aboout 12 miles and lots of side roads plus lots of powder to ride. Hope this helps. I live in Show Low and ride here all the time.

Snowmobiling 10 022.jpg Snowmobiling 10 019.jpg Snowmobiling 10 023.jpg Snowmobiling 10 020.jpg

Last edited:
O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
Thinking about riding

Hey guys,
Thanks for the pictures and the post. I am from WA. state. I will be riding at Hawkfest next week. (SnowHawk)
I have family in the Pinetop area and know it quite well. I am thinking of heading your way with the Hawks and riding your area. Please keep me posted as to what is happening as far as snow there in the next week. If is continues I will come down and ride with you.
Thanks,
Ozzydog

P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
Best Snow

Saturday was the best ridding of the season yet and we have had lots of snow and great ridding conditions. Went around Big Lake and couldn't tell where the lake was there was so much snow. I have been here 6 years and thats the most snow I have seen in this area. Had another foot in the past 24 hrs.Will be ridding for a long time and the storms keep coming.Pics are out by Big Lake

Snowmobiling 10 040.jpg Snowmobiling 10 044.jpg Snowmobiling 10 039.jpg

Last edited:
P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
Best of the Season

ARIZONA, Best Sledding of the season the past couple weeks.Lots of powder and great temps. Rode 200 miles this weekend and had a Ball. Still riding over the fences and lots of untouched powder.

Snowmobiling 10 061.jpg Snowmobiling 10 056.jpg Snowmobiling 10 058.jpg

P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
Arizona Snow

More snow on the way,already 14" in the high country and up to 2 more ft. coming.
Rode Sat and the snow way very good. Got snowed out in a white out around 2:00 couldn't see 15' ahead of us. Still going over the fences
Best year for snow That I have seen in the past 6 years.
Enjoy

P
Dec 15, 2008
Show Low,AZ
AZ Snow

Rode on Sat. Was great power riding, Still lots of snow and going over fences,Rode the Sunrise side and lots of open medows & hills east of Big Lake, no signs of snow melt yet and more snow on the way 12-14" bring it on

Premium Features