• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where to get info on riding in B.C.?

A
Oct 7, 2012
Trying to plan a trip to Pemberton/whistler this year but I can't seem to find info anywhere, where do I start? Any websites for snow parks, what passes I'll need, will my Washington registration suffice?

A
Oct 7, 2012
Pro-8250, been scrounging around online and still can't find anything, ended up calling a couple of local shops up there and got a little bit of info. planning on heading up in February for a couple of days to poke around and see what we can come up with.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Depending on where the snowline is having a sled deck is a huge advantage. A lot of the riding areas are single lane logging roads to the unloading area. You cant get a 4 place to these spots.

One of the more popular areas is Brandywine: http://www.powdermountainsnowmobiling.org/ps/ This area is good if you have a 4 place trailer , big flat parking lot with easy access.

https://btsc-bcsf.silkstart.com/cpages/home brohm ridge , if snowline is not right down to the highway , sled deck is a must for access.

Pemberton ice cap north of whistler is a sight to see if you have never been there before.

Theres also numerous guiding services offered in the area if you want someone to show you around...

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
In February you can unload at Brandywine in a four place. There is a giant parking lot for you pleasure. Check the snow before you go but the average snowfall is 30ft, not including last year.
Pemberton has the most beautiful and spectacular scenery you will ever see. It's best to sled there first if to get your feet wet in BC. Easy to follow the trail into the glaciers. Sometimes the trail in sux and its a long trail in but worth every back breaking minute to access the terrain. Pemberton is 10 minutes from Pemberton riding area. 1 or 2 hotels in Pemberton. Whistler is 45 mins south and has numerous hotels, restaraunts and bars. I recommend it for the experience of whistler.
I recommend going to brandywine next. It's 15 mins south of whistler and the terrain is more difficult. It's a bit intimidating when you arrive at the first big challenging hill. When you get into the glacier, it has the best riding in North America but don't tell anyone.
Your state registration is fine. You will need to pay the trail fee of $25/day at the entrance. It may be cash only, I'm not sure.
Sheshreds.ca for snow reports, Pemberton valley snowmobile club facebook for Pemberton sledding news.
Check weather and snow conditions before you go for optimum trip enjoyment.

Last edited:
R
Oct 16, 2014
There are a few tour fellows like snowrideadventures and ridewithchrisbrown based out of that area that may give you some info.brown is also on facebook as ridewhistler I believe

Has anyone ridden with snowrideadventures? Looking for some feedback/reviews on some guides in the area. Thanks

M
Apr 7, 2011
Revelstoke Area

We are also trying to plan a trip up north from Oregon and are looking for information for this area and revelstoke area.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Trying to plan a trip to Pemberton/whistler this year but I can't seem to find info anywhere, where do I start? Any websites for snow parks, what passes I'll need, will my Washington registration suffice?

Get ahead of Jorli at snow ride adventures. You will have a great time for a few hundred dollars he will take care of everything for you and you can just concentrate on riding and having fun. This guy knows his stuff.

Premium Features