• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When Life Slides Out... Tuesday Dec. 13th 2011

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
That was a great event for sure! I had a chance to talk with Matt for about 10 minutes before the show got started...What an inspirational guy.
To sit and listen to him talk about the road he has been down and the road he has been pushed down is an amazing story. He has so much inner strength and perseverance. I purchased a copy of his book last night and couldn't put it down when I got home. Some of the things he mentioned were simple but so powerful when you think about them. "Yesterday is a canceled check, today is cash in hand - How are you going to invest it? And tomorrow is not a promissory note" (I hope I got that all right).
As said above, those that missed this really did miss out.
Thanks to the all that contributed and made donations as well as the Edge, the FUAC and to Bossrev for putting this together, and a huge thanks to Matt for his inspiration!
Hopefully we put some extra cash in the FUAC vault to keep them going as long as we are riding this next spring.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Everybody above summed it up well.:face-icon-small-win

Super glad we were able to attend. Even my kids were drawn to Matt telling his story so that proves he truly is a motivating speaker.

My son repeated what Matt had ended his speech with on the way home.

"Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth" haha

Thanks to all the sponsors that donated to the raffle and auction.
Was great to see everybody and put some more faces to forum names.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
i would really like to be able to watch this guy speak. Does anyone know where he will speaking next??

I don't think he has another engagement in Utah scheduled. Since he is from northern Idaho, most of his engagements are in Washington and Oregon. If you email him, he can tell you where his next few events will be.

Thanks everyone who came last night. It was a great night for sure. Thanks for Jacob who put a lot of work I to helping get this done..

F

FUAC

Oct 12, 2009
www.utahavalanchecenter.org
Thanks to all who participated last night and especially to Bossrev who made this happen. Matt's story is amazing and he does a great job of telling it - I wish many good things in life ahead for him.

Thanks to your generosity, we raised $2,888 that will go to forecasting and education programs. This program depends more every year on users like you to pay the bills and we appreciate you stepping up.

Everyone there last night seemed pretty avy-savvy. As Trent said, when we get snow, we are going to have major avalanche issues. Please be smart when you head out and remember our snowpack is going to a lot grumpier than last year's. We are counting on you to spread the word to everyone who wasn't there last night - carry a beacon, shovel, and probe (and practice using them), get some avalanche education, and check the forecast before you head out. If you see a recent slide or one happen, let us know as soon as you get in cell range. We are counting on you to be our eyes and ears in the field when we aren't there.

Have a great holiday season!

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
i would really like to be able to watch this guy speak. Does anyone know where he will speaking next??

I was talking with Tommy from Tri-City Springville last night about us bringing him back down here. I would really like to have him talk to a few groups with which I am affiliated. I believe this will probably happen sometime in February-April sometime, depending on his availability. I plan to make contact with Matt this week, and I will post and let everyone know when something can be scheduled.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Congrats guys!!!!

That is no small amount of cash for one night. Let me spend some time trying to figure out how to smuggle Grainbelt into the land of near beer and you can raise even more next time.....just raffle off the beer first and then wait a few hours before auctioning. Once that good strong beer hits those UT bellies peoples wallets and checkbooks will go flying!!!

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Thanks Jacob and all peeps...

Well worth the drive. It was a great night to share with my boy. He brought home a hole new respect for the sport after hearing Matt's story... Thanks to all involved and contribute to a life saving cost. If that aint worth a few dollars and a couple hours, we can only hope you and friends got the skills and knowledge to survive. :face-icon-small-coo

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Don't think I could say anything that hasn't already been said. This was great event!! I really enjoyed listening to Matt's story, and am very excited to read his book (and I don't buy/read books very often). Does anybody know if he has copies of the DVD we watched last night available for purchase? I didn't even think to look when I grabbed the book.

On a side note, this event even brought me back here to SnoWest after almost 2 years. That in itself is pretty amazing! :face-icon-small-hap :face-icon-small-coo

TimeSinceLastVisittoSnoWest.jpg

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I've been talking to Matt today, and we are trying to figure out a time to bring him back down to Utah. I am interested and open to people's thoughts, realizing a group of sledders will likely just be one of group the groups with which he will be speaking.

He says right now his January appears quite open.

Premium Features