• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats your kids ride? Lets see some long tracked??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Thinking about long tracking a 120 for my kids to learn on....or shouldn't I wast my time?....

My oldest boy is 5 now and youngest is 2. Its time to get them up in the snow on a sled and see if they like it....

I hate trails so I gots-to-get them to like floating thru some pow or I will end up leaving them at home......but what is a 120 capable of doing...other then driving drunk in the parking lot????

So I got a million questions...like what tracks will fit on a 120..is the motor big enough to turn a bigger track..Or Im i just waisting my time..should I just pick up an older fan motor sled and remove all the steel and make a aluminum bulkhead and tunnel?

Please feel free to post your kids mods with pictures and list of parts you used....

I know there was alot of posting like this on the old forum....but seems to be not many here other than the snoscoot which is looking pretty cool.

thanks guys,
Christian

I started my boy at 6 with a 340, have friends that have the 120 and I must say IMO they are a wast of money. The kids out grow them so fast, and they are very slow and have a real slow travel speed, unless you have lots of room at home for them to go out on and play. They are great for that. The 340 we have is a poo 1995 classic electric start and rev. picked it up for 1500 bucks and flawless. He road with me for, OH I'd say 3 yrs. before we turned him lose on the 340 and at 6 he had no problems handling that little 340. With him not weighting much that sled would go anywhere and some places you would not think it would go. After half a season we toke the battery out and he could start it on his own after getting it off the trailer and warming it up. The rev. is a life saver for the young ones and for your back, they can turn it around anywhere they want. I'm not sure if the other brands have the same features but I'm preaty sure as far as the sled they are all similar. My son is 10 now and half way through last season we got him onto a 440 pro x, it was time he had out growen the 340. So we got 3 good yrs out of that 1500 bucks, where a 120 for 1200 bucks might have lasted us 1 yr. I can't say enough good things about the 340 for kids no matter what brand. Easy on fuel, belts, and run for ever!

Last edited:

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Some of these older sleds are really cool. I'm only 14 so I'm not old enough to have seen them when they were new. I started on a 500 Ski-doo when I was 7. I moved up to a 600 Ski-doo Summit after that, and now I ride an Arctic Cat M7. I'm around 130 lbs, so I'm not the best at throwing the sled around, but I manage. In another year or two, I'll be able to throw it around pretty well.

Arctic Cat M7.jpg

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Twisted Boost, job well done on that Phazer II for your daughter! Very impressive from beginning product to end. Very cool build fo sure!

M
Dec 16, 2008
Lacombe, Alberta
Thanks 07 PHAZER, I forgot about Buck Lake. I am going to attempt a run up there now that we aren't setting records. Global warming my A##!

I have another issue now. I thought I had the mounting of the xtra lite 136 figured, but it ain't so. The skid is out of a 2001 700 RMK which makes it a gen II 136" xtra lite skid. I also looked up mounting dimensions on the JBShocks.com website and found the mounting hole spread should be 27 15/16" BUT.... when the skid is on the bench with all shocks/springs in place and under no load I measure 28 5/16" centre to centre which is a red one longer than the 28 1/4" listed for an edge 136" (2003 and later?). And there is no way I can compress this thing to measure 27 15/16". Before I drill again, can anyone verify a theory........ If it is 28 5/16" (or 28 1/4") on the bench shouldn't it be 28 5/16" in the tunnel??????

M
Dec 16, 2008
Lacombe, Alberta
Bravo up and running, first ride today!

I got all the bugs worked out and she's buttened up and on the trail today. I also have a pic from the Yamaha web site showing what it looked like this time last year when I bought it. Oh and the Indy too.

Pictures are just in the yard. I was too busy on the ride babying the Dragon. Just got it back from the dealer with the new update done. So far so good.

Rode for two hours and the boy is already S*#*ing on Polaris...

7978551_20.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Last edited:

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
Here are some pictures a 300 enticer modsled my son and I finished a couple weeks ago.Built a custom suspension all aluminum designed like a ezride. Mountian handlebars with 6 inch powermadd pivot riser.136x1.5 track with tunnel extension topped with a mountianmax seat.Slp ultralite skis and bellypan made of 1/8 poly help it slide on the snow. Most everything on this sled is custom made in my shop by me, including the gas rack.Custom built pipe and boondocker nos make this little thing run pretty good.And it weighes under 300 lbs. I believe that a light sled builds more confidence in a kids riding ability in the mountians than a bigger cc heavy sled.I know because my son who just turned 10 and weighes 115 lbs. and races motocross , fast on a yz 85 no stanger to horsepower is more comfortable on this enticer than my bigbore mountianmax 180 hp without nos that he rides alot. More kids need a sled like this to learn mountian riding skills. It will make them a better rider in the long run.
Attached Thumbnails

I think this thing is great ! I am gonna half to dig out the Enticer and tear it down.Great lite build I totally agree light weight before power.

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
I ride an 05 M7... I'm 15 and around 145 LBS. I LOVE the sled, it has a full D&D exhaust system and man... It is LOUD! It's one of the best sleds I've ever ridden and out climbs a lot of sleds I put it up against!

Jealous of Dad's new Pro-Climb M800 though...

Premium Features