• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats your kids ride? Lets see some long tracked??

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T
Feb 24, 2008
Libby, MT
1980 Enticer Mountain sled

Here are some pictures a 300 enticer modsled my son and I finished a couple weeks ago.Built a custom suspension all aluminum designed like a ezride. Mountian handlebars with 6 inch powermadd pivot riser.136x1.5 track with tunnel extension topped with a mountianmax seat.Slp ultralite skis and bellypan made of 1/8 poly help it slide on the snow. Most everything on this sled is custom made in my shop by me, including the gas rack.Custom built pipe and boondocker nos make this little thing run pretty good.And it weighes under 300 lbs. I believe that a light sled builds more confidence in a kids riding ability in the mountians than a bigger cc heavy sled.I know because my son who just turned 10 and weighes 115 lbs. and races motocross , fast on a yz 85 no stanger to horsepower is more comfortable on this enticer than my bigbore mountianmax 180 hp without nos that he rides alot. More kids need a sled like this to learn mountian riding skills. It will make them a better rider in the long run.
Attached Thumbnails

enticer 2.jpg enticer 3.jpg enticer.jpg

Nov 26, 2007
carberry, manitoba
i like the rear susp. idea. i am thinking about building a new rear susp for my boys 120 cause i know he is going to need it. i can buy the shock kit but i need something that will take his jumping. if you can email me some details on it triplemax, maybe i can build a scaled down version for him.
i will pm you my emailaddy that way the spammers i have seen on here lately wont get it.
clarence

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Here are some pictures a 300 enticer modsled my son and I finished a couple weeks ago.Built a custom suspension all aluminum designed like a ezride. Mountian handlebars with 6 inch powermadd pivot riser.136x1.5 track with tunnel extension topped with a mountianmax seat.Slp ultralite skis and bellypan made of 1/8 poly help it slide on the snow. Most everything on this sled is custom made in my shop by me, including the gas rack.Custom built pipe and boondocker nos make this little thing run pretty good.And it weighes under 300 lbs. I believe that a light sled builds more confidence in a kids riding ability in the mountians than a bigger cc heavy sled.I know because my son who just turned 10 and weighes 115 lbs. and races motocross , fast on a yz 85 no stanger to horsepower is more comfortable on this enticer than my bigbore mountianmax 180 hp without nos that he rides alot. More kids need a sled like this to learn mountian riding skills. It will make them a better rider in the long run.
Attached Thumbnails

Well put triple max. too many kids and young adults never really learn the skills alot of us "old farts" have because they never needed to in this day of point and shoot sleds and suspensions that are incredible even of the showroom floor. Don't get me wrong, they can climb and may be fast, but learning how to use your body to make the sled go where it needs to, or using your legs as suspension on a bad hit, ect.... My boy started on a skidoo citation with a 300 twin and was aptly nickname "POGO" as it was like riding a pogo stick. They lesson learned on POGO make him a far better rider today on the modern sled. Besides, mom and dad didn't cry everytime poor POGO got balled up into something! You just got the splitting mall out and beat back the sheetmetal and duct taped and zip tyed the hood and send him back out again!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
my son has been rideing since he was 8..on a summit..now he rides my 162 mountain..rather drive the wifes attack goes faster...are you guys allowed to let your kids ride..my son got a ticket for 500 $ under age..must be 16 and drivers lisence or snowmobile...anywhere...on the lake he is not allowed even..hes now 13 and boondocks, jumps ,wheelies and he thinks hes invinsible...boy those were the days...just have to look for the cops all the time..no use in getting his sled...it would cost too much in tickets to ride,he loves the long track but hates to dig it out..lol

My kids been riding by himself since 8 yrs old, he started on a 670 and switched to a mod 800 at 10 yrs old. The law reads here that the kid must be in close proximity of an adult. (under 16) One cop I came across took that as being on the same machine. I take it as being within communication distance. Anyway he just gave us a warning but it is something I would go to court for as our machines are not made for doubling anyway. No license is required in Alberta. He is now 13 and just hitting 100 pounds but he holds his own in the mountains and now rides the blue 03 800HO 144 but with his lightened up hood.

Alison Creek 010.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
That Scoot and the Enticer are really cool. I'm not doing anything remotely close to that.
Just got a 141x15x2.25 3p for the little brother's sled. Have to cut it down to just under 2" unfortunately because of the 8t drivers I want to use, and I don't want to ruin the bulkhead of the sled (1st year A/C Fan Snopro) by putting a drop and roll in, although if I have another bulkhead I'd do it in a heartbeat.
141 Ekholm tunnel is getting slapped on now too.
The spare motor is apart, crank is getting re-man'd, pistons go to the coaters, and the jugs still need to be sent out. Stock pipe is already ceramic coated. Clutches are spot on.
Just looking for a 1M front end set-up for his sled now.
Ti springs all around right now, going to swap the rear suspension arms from a '06 M7LE onto some new rails. Set-up is lighter than the 121x2 Bighorn and stock 121" skid under him now.
Also put on my 1M stock handlebars on his sled, raises it up about 2-3" and a Al. throttle block I had as a spare. Hood should get painted before the snow flys.

I think I'm more excited about his sled than he is.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2008
Here are some of a bravo i slapped together for my 6yr old nephew for Christmas 3 years ago. About $150 total (including the price of the sled) and he will be using it for his 3rd year this year. Fired it up 2 weeks ago, didn't even put a new plug in it!!

Its an '86 (???), i blocked of the oil injection (premix), painted the hood, put an old YZ dirtbike seat on it, put a 121" track and an old ski doo rear skid on it (the original track was tore and i got the track and skid for $40, figured I wouldn't be able to find a 96" track in decent shape for that price) and bent up a tunnel extension for it. The only thing it needs is a set of skis. He's always been able to start it himself.
Also just got him a YZ 85 this summer and he loves it. Had to slide the clamps down in the forks a little so he could touch the ground better.

100_0017.jpg 100_0016.jpg

Last edited:
B

barefooter

Nov 27, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
Here is my attempt to get this back on track...

just came across these from last winter...

SavannahairbornMedium.jpg

hanginonMedium.jpg

WHATpassengerMedium.jpg

jarodthehelperMedium.jpg

That is just too cute. My 4 yr old (boy) and 2 year old (girl) are just like that. Spent all last winter getting pulled on the sled by their big sister (11 yrs). The 2 yr old is just starting to get the hang of driving their little electric Gator - and the boy gets a 120 for Xmas this year.

W
Jan 22, 2008
Northern Utah
not one but three!!

ya I have a problem! 1 sled three kids. so I ask the boy what he wants for christmas? answer two sled for girls so they can ride their own!! the worst part is the fourth one 2yo won't let go of anything she sits on!! atv or sled.

easter sledd'en 042.jpg easter sledd'en 063.jpg

S

schu

Nov 26, 2007
Houston, AK
My kids rock a 85 polaris star 250. She's a cruiser. I'd lift the hood but I don't want to scare anybody....

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
i'm 16 and i'm riding a '01 mountain max 700
mods are in my signature. paid for all the parts myself and my dad custom painted the hood.
i'm looking to do some clutching and maybe a big bore kit and porting next season.
imgp0936hk2.jpg

222xb3.jpg

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Phazer

Don't have any pictures with me but my 10 year old rides a 08 Phazer Mountain. I was tired of him sot being able to start his 600 Rev so I broke down and bought a new Phazer. The other nice thing about he Phazer is that I don't think he can hurt the motor and I don't have to add oil all the time for him.

He was 9 last year and put 1500 miles on it.

That Scoot and the Enticer are really cool. I'm not doing anything remotely close to that.
Just got a 141x15x2.25 3p for the little brother's sled. Have to cut it down to just under 2" unfortunately because of the 8t drivers I want to use, and I don't want to ruin the bulkhead of the sled (1st year A/C Fan Snopro) by putting a drop and roll in, although if I have another bulkhead I'd do it in a heartbeat.
141 Ekholm tunnel is getting slapped on now too.
The spare motor is apart, crank is getting re-man'd, pistons go to the coaters, and the jugs still need to be sent out. Stock pipe is already ceramic coated. Clutches are spot on.
Just looking for a 1M front end set-up for his sled now.
Ti springs all around right now, going to swap the rear suspension arms from a '06 M7LE onto some new rails. Set-up is lighter than the 121x2 Bighorn and stock 121" skid under him now.
Also put on my 1M stock handlebars on his sled, raises it up about 2-3" and a Al. throttle block I had as a spare. Hood should get painted before the snow flys.

I think I'm more excited about his sled than he is.

Why couldnt I have had a Bro like you LMAO

Nov 26, 2007
carberry, manitoba
here is a vid of the boy testing out the long track. go to youtube and in the search type in 69charged. you will come to my page and its on there.
i would post the link but they block it for me at work.
i will get one of him on the snow in a couple days as we have enough for him to ride but not me :mad:
clarence

H

High Powder

Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
Freestyle this year

My youngest (9 yo now) has been riding since he was 4 -- generally would ride double up the trails then take off on his own once we got to the upper meadows. Always rode the big sleds with no problems, but it was pretty much point and shoot. The only steering he could do was in 6" or less of powder and all with the arms.

Tried a new Phaser last year for him to actually start riding his own sled up the trails. It worked ok, but in the end that sled is also just too heavy for that age of kids to learn much on. There's just no way a 60 lb kid is going to pull over a 550 pound machine and start to learn to carve.

This year I decided to try out a Freestyle. I picked up a used 300F for under $2k. I'm in the process of extending from 121 to 136, dropping in a 2" paddle (.72 stock), gearing down and putting on 6.9 pilots. I know that this single cylinder isn't very peppy, but I'm looking more for something that he can actually learn to control. The 32" ski stance and no sway bar really attracts me for younger riders. By being selective (cheap) in buying, I am only going to be out about $300 for the skis, track, sprockets and extensions.

I'm hoping that this will be a great learner sled from now until about 12. I also end up taking a lot of newbies with me during the year. This should make a nice sled for a spouse that doesn't want to venture far off the trails, but doesn't want to ride double either.

I have also talked to a shop back east (where they race these 300 fanners) and he said that they can do a port, polish and pipe for this motor for about $800. I know, sounds kinda crazy to go to that much work on that sled, but I like to be unique. Besides, I really think that the Freestyle chasis is a great place to start for younger kids to learn mountain riding.

I will try to remember to post pics once it's ready to go.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
WOW awesome thread. It;s great seeing this old skool homebuilt mods. great family time spent together and makes me appreciate even more what my dad did for me. I'm 18 started at 4 years old on a 73 ski doo 250, upgraded to a 97 bravo, then dad gave me his 99 600 mtn max which was piped and clutched. had engine problems with that so then DAD BOUGHT an 07 phazer mtn lite. it works out great cause when i outgrow my sleds my little brother takes over them. Then we built up an 06 apex with all lite weight parts. What makes my dad so awesome is how he told me to pick out all the good stuff the apex. he wants me to and i plan on buying the apex from dad and turboing it next summer.

I hope i can be just like my dad and all you guys and turn my kid into a little ripper with his own unique little sled.

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
Realy sweet sleds guys.!
I started riding when I was about 14, on my dad's yamaha ET340 P.. that could count as a longtrack :D.. I't didn't hold together so good when I was jumping around on that monster so he bought a 00 polaris 700 sp. He had that one for some years, sold it and got himself a 06 renegade 600. I moved from home when I was 16 and then after 3 years I bought my first sled, a 04 Pro XR 800 with som porting and slp twins. Now I'm 22 and riding a Nytro MTX with MCX stage 2 Turbo and som other mods.

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
I'm just turning 16 andi have been through more sleds that i can count on one hand. I do alot of buying and reselling. I have also built like 4 sleds in the past years. Right now i have a Pro X 800 that i built, and i have a 2004 Vertical edge that i am going to do a few things too.

M

McLuvin

Oct 29, 2008
Here's a couple of the kids Phazers. One's a 1990 121" Aaen pipe, and the other is a 1992 136" PSI pipe . I have twin boys so there's no fighting over who's sled is who's.

DSCF0011.jpg DSCF0013.jpg

Premium Features