• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do???

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
I had a completely done up T-Nytro $36,5000.00, that I sold due to back problems in 09. I am thinking of getting back into sledding next winter, and just wanting ideas on which would be best suited for my riding. I loved the power of the nytro@18 lbs boost, but did not like the toboggan ride down hill. I am looking for something easy to throw around not just in the deep powder(the nytro was amazingly easy) but also on the harder stuff. I hate just a point and shoot sled,(great when you are young but not so great @56, and back problems. A REAL plus to me would be a great ride, esp. on the rough stuff. I would like to add the power of a turbo, but don't know much about any 2 stroke turbo for reliability or the tunability.I would be somewhat limited for the tight tree riding, but am used to technical stuff on the bigger chutes, and more open hills. SSSOOOO... I am 56 with 35 year of riding, weigh 220 lbs and am in pretty decent shape, and want something reliable and fun

which sled and why that one?? which sled to stay away from and why? which stock OR aftermarket suspention? which track..162 or 163 longest I would like to go? which turbo?(run on av gas)? What mods for your choice of sled and why??? Will look to spend about $20,000.00

Any help or ideas would be fantastic:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I would try and get out to some Demo events, but honestly you should look long and hard at the new Polaris Pro Ride RMK. That sled is amazing out of the box, so amazing that there is not much it needs. You can buy that sled and do nothing and have a blast. I like the 155" but if you really like pulling the big hills go with the 163.

Your question is really a Ford/Chevy/dodge debate. You are going to hear guys tell you x-sled is better and their reasoning. So get out and do some demo rides. New cat is coming out so that should make it interesting. I ride and IQ and love it. Unless Cat brings a solid sled, my next sled will be a pro. I am not a Polaris guy per say, I have had a Yamaha (old) two Ski Doo's (96 and 2005) and a 2002 Cat. Honestly I liked them all.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
I ride a Nitro 18 #'s and do it all, chutes, boondocking and lots of tree riding. However I don't see myself riding one @ 56.(lets hope I am cause that will mean I'm in super shape)
If a 2 stroke turbo may be in the future I would go with a Cat hands down.
However if its a NA 2 stroke all brands are pretty darn good.
good luck shopping.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
Just saw a Twisted turbo Pro RMK 163 this weekend. Was talking with Stanger about it and he claims the turbo is only about 1 lb heavier than the stock can so not much of a weight increase. Lots of power, it's light....however I think a little time to see how this combination lasts.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Have not ridden polaris since late 90's. But have heard some good about the new one...Keep me posted if you can about this sled if you see or ride it Thanks Terry...btw it will be a turbo sled.....too hard to go back to less power:cheer2:

Premium Features