• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

welfare recipiants

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Dave that story actually made me nauseous. This state is handing out free rides to anyone who wants one. No wonder we are out of money.

T
Dec 25, 2007
I am way on board with this type of thinking. The cost of testing is outweighed by ousting a few hundred people per month. Seriously. Drug testing in very fast and cheap in comparison to the handout buffet.

With regard to the guy with 4 surgeries. There are many, many, many reasons that are not either the patient or doctor's fault that would lead to re-operation. It is impossible to predict exactly what went down. Long before I blame the doctor I suspect that the patient is not complying with recovery. And in that case, it is likely that nobody else wanted anything to do with him. The reimbursement for such a procedure is not worth the headache and likely lawsuits an idiot like that is bound to bring.

Minten had a pretty good idea as well----TRACK WHERE THE MONEY GOES!! Why shouldn't we? It really hasn't been earned by them anyway... Sort of like NY not allowing people to buy pop with food stamps. Huge outcry...but not from the people that were paying for it!

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
I am way on board with this type of thinking. The cost of testing is outweighed by ousting a few hundred people per month. Seriously. Drug testing in very fast and cheap in comparison to the handout buffet.

With regard to the guy with 4 surgeries. There are many, many, many reasons that are not either the patient or doctor's fault that would lead to re-operation. It is impossible to predict exactly what went down. Long before I blame the doctor I suspect that the patient is not complying with recovery. And in that case, it is likely that nobody else wanted anything to do with him. The reimbursement for such a procedure is not worth the headache and likely lawsuits an idiot like that is bound to bring.

Minten had a pretty good idea as well----TRACK WHERE THE MONEY GOES!! Why shouldn't we? It really hasn't been earned by them anyway... Sort of like NY not allowing people to buy pop with food stamps. Huge outcry...but not from the people that were paying for it![/QUOTE

There are many who get injured and deserve the best care and more over compensation, there are the bad apples in all aspects of life, ( even sledding ) I am most certain drug screening for collection of benefits would not bother them.

We send are young men and women into combat, they get a limb blown off.

I wish and hope our veterans are treated at least as good as our fellow coworkers who ride the system with a cloud of doubt.

Our service men and women overcome there situations with courage and dedication to as much of a recovery as there bodys will allow, then enter our work force with disabilitys only known to them, with only fractions of time lost.
No one can tell me one needs two and a half years off work to recover when these type of people walk off the job.

Got me going now, needs to snow so we can get our minds off this crap.

D
Nov 1, 2011
The "new welfare" is unemployment. 99 weeks! Are you kidding me? As long as you pay people NOT to work you are going to get more of it. And if you think you actually pay enough in to the system that you actually deserve 99 weeks you are a fool. The other thing is there is NO filter now for who gets it. We fired a guy for showing up drunk and screaming at his supervisor and he still got it. Guys quit and get it now too. Just pathetic. :face-icon-small-fro

for some people I agree this is true, but others, like me, used it for a good cause. I took the chance to go back to school (I went to perry tech and took electrical, I didn't go get an art degree thats fricken worthless) and actually put the money to good use. without unemployments help I don't think I could have afforded to go through this program (coming from out of town).

I didnt try to get laid off, I worked at Westport Shipyard building 130' yachts. when the economy fell apart, obviously yachts werent the first things people were dropping money on. the day I got laid off I looked around the room at the great workers that sat there with me, and I was proud to have lasted as long as I did.

now as for urine testing? I say do it for both unemployment AND welfare. I could pass anyday you hand me that cup.... heck I even get randomed at perry tech!

As for the OP's thread, everybody likes the idea of drug testing welfare recipients. Does anybody care about the extra money it will cost?

make it come out of their first weeks check if they pass, if they fail it will be worth the money to not have to send them the weekly check.

Last edited:
S
Dec 28, 2010
The "new welfare" is unemployment. 99 weeks! Are you kidding me? As long as you pay people NOT to work you are going to get more of it. And if you think you actually pay enough in to the system that you actually deserve 99 weeks you are a fool. The other thing is there is NO filter now for who gets it. We fired a guy for showing up drunk and screaming at his supervisor and he still got it. Guys quit and get it now too. Just pathetic. :face-icon-small-fro

I only work 8 months out of the year and then I have the 4 winter months off. I wouldn't be able to survive without unenjoyment. When you work 8 months a year 60 to 70hrs a week and make just as much or more than people working year around I would call that earned. :face-icon-small-coo

99 weeks is too much, when you pay people for doing nothing they dont want to do anything!! :face-icon-small-win

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Snodemon you are just scamming the system. Enjoy the welfare because that's what you are getting. If you make so much in 8 months why don't you live on that instead of just planning on 4 months of paid vacation? Paid for by everybody else. Add up what you put into unemployment insurance for a year and i bet you get all of it back on your first check so you didn't earn it, just took it. Dave, I get it, times are freaking tough, but I didn't think you were supposed to be able to go to school while on umemployment. Must have been wrong about that. This is not FREE money that just falls from the sky. Everyone who works or owns a business has to pay for this in increased premiums. As it was sold to us it was supposed to be self supporting through premiums, and used for a SHORT time for that transition from losing a job and getting the next job. Most people I know don't even start looking until week 100, then bitch because their benefit is taken away.

S
Audit!

I don't know why the state and fed does not do the following when they are up against revenue problems: If you get any kind of benefit check and you are not
on social security than you have to show up for an audit and the rules will be explained as of what you need to prove ahead of time. Otherwise, if you choose not to show up you will give up the benefit check. If you show up and do not pass audit than you will be automatically prosecuted and sent to a work farm to work off your debt to society. If you get any benefit at all than you also would be expected to do something for it within your community as volunteer or picking litter or serving soup at the mission etc. The idea that one can get any benefit without doing SOMETHING is crazy. Just forcing an audit and threating to prosecute would get rid of alot of fraud.

S
Dec 28, 2010
matte, I have never looked to see what my employer pays, you are prob right. I believe it is a percentage of what I make. but 16 weeks "scamming the system" come on. as far as the topic goes I will pee in a cup anytime

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
SnoDemon I don't want to be such a hard*** about this but I am really frustrated by the whole system. We offer jobs(just starter jobs, pay $10 and hour) to people every month and a standard response is "you don't pay enough for it to be worth my while to get off unemployment". Also, you are not supposed to get unemployment if you quit or get fired for cause. They have thrown that out the window. No one gets turned down now. Not one single person that i know of has been turned down for any reason or lost the benefit for not following the rules.

S
Dec 28, 2010
SnoDemon I don't want to be such a hard*** about this but I am really frustrated by the whole system. We offer jobs(just starter jobs, pay $10 and hour) to people every month and a standard response is "you don't pay enough for it to be worth my while to get off unemployment". Also, you are not supposed to get unemployment if you quit or get fired for cause. They have thrown that out the window. No one gets turned down now. Not one single person that i know of has been turned down for any reason or lost the benefit for not following the rules.

I agree with you there has to be more restrictions, we cant just keep giving handouts. also i don't quit or get fired i am layed off due to lack of work and i go back to work as soon as i can usually march. and if i don't get called i go somewhere else to work. as far as people getting paid more on unemployment than working, that is insane!!!!

i am glad we can see eye to eye on this :tea:

Premium Features