• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warranty issues

G
Aug 15, 2012
Who out there is having warranty issues with BRP? They are taking no responsibility for major design flaws and lack of r&d.
Whats the point of offering a 4 year bumper to bumper if you are going to deny all claims due to impact or wear items...
I know alot of sledders here on the west coast are beyond frustrated...

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Few times I needed to use my Doo waranty (4sleds) I have not had any issues.

The dealer usually makes the difference.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I can see them denying a claim on impact if it was a isolated incident, when you have many failures of the same type and the same area that's when it's a manufacturing/design problem. Sleds are going to hit things, as a consumer I think you have the right to expect it to take a reasonable amount of use without failing. As a manufacturer you need to build a product that can withstand normal use, these are not trail sleds and should be designed to be able to preform in the environment they are used in. In Doo's case the weak front end they have always had is a manufacturing/design flaw. The other 2 manufacturers don't have this problem, proving the sled design can be made with a reasonable amount of impact to be considered normal.

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Who out there is having warranty issues with BRP? They are taking no responsibility for major design flaws and lack of r&d.
Whats the point of offering a 4 year bumper to bumper if you are going to deny all claims due to impact or wear items...
I know alot of sledders here on the west coast are beyond frustrated...

How about a little more info on what you are thinking they should be covering with some pictures?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
????

I buy a lot of wrecked sleds off auction sites. Skidoo's typically have a bad Mod E or Mod S while a Polaris has a tweaked tunnel....all from front end impact. Pick your poison. Which one would you rather replace?

The free ride sleds are designed to take a little more abuse!

Regardless if Ski Doo warranties or not, I would suggest replacing broken components with free ride part #'s.

Good Luck!

I can see them denying a claim on impact if it was a isolated incident, when you have many failures of the same type and the same area that's when it's a manufacturing/design problem. Sleds are going to hit things, as a consumer I think you have the right to expect it to take a reasonable amount of use without failing. As a manufacturer you need to build a product that can withstand normal use, these are not trail sleds and should be designed to be able to preform in the environment they are used in. In Doo's case the weak front end they have always had is a manufacturing/design flaw. The other 2 manufacturers don't have this problem, proving the sled design can be made with a reasonable amount of impact to be considered normal.

Premium Features