• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upside down break master cylinder stop working?

P
Dec 15, 2018
Iam a terrible new snowmobile rider and I was so stuck today upside down i just sat and ate a sandwich and drank coffee. If I wasn’t so tough I’d might have stuck out my lower lip a bit. Anyway when , after a lot of work and huffing and puffing I finally got back on skis my break didn’t work and my starter. Yes iam old and have e-start. So I figured I messed up the buttons cause my bars where all catewhoompis but I couldn’t find any leaks in the master or line or fittings? I’ve never had a upside down vehothat ran again so I dunno if this is normal or if I need to bleed them or? Can you twist the bars and controls enough to disconnect a switch? Seems like it may be normal to twist them ? Or is it just me lol? Thanks

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Brake would screw up on my alphas when I rolled them over. Kept pumping them and they came back. Put more fluid in them and cured problem. Not enough from factory. You probably knocked something loose on bars for estart. If worked before that's where I'd look.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Last year, my Alpha was upside down in a treewell with me pinned between the tree. Thank goodness for tethers as controls were sunk deep in the snow. Anyways, brakes didn't work once turned over and down the hill. They did come back eventually after pumping the brakes a bunch

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
My matryx brakes will be gone if I’ve been in a spot where getting my sled rolled over quickly couldn’t happen. Pump them a while and they’re back to normal, awesome matryx brakes.

Premium Features