• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Traveling to Bend Area

A
Feb 16, 2014
Afternoon guys,

Going to take a couple days off work and take the wife and sleds to stay with friends outside of Bend (they live by Tumalo State Park) Friday-Monday this week. We have never ridden over there. Any recommendations of good places to ride? I am a fairly experienced rider, while she is still learning the ropes, but we both love to explore new places. I have heard Wanoga is a good place but can get crowded? Are there any other snoparks that you would recommend? Would prefer to stay in a fairly family-safe area as we are new to the area. Also, if you would like to meet up, we are always looking for good people to ride with (feel free to send me a PM). Appreciate the help

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I'd stay at Kapaka, way closer to where you ride. The trails going up from the snowparks can be brutal if they haven't been groomed lately.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
My wife and I rode out of the Kapka lot last Sunday and rode down to Wanoga to check out the snowmobile drags. The trails in between Kapka and Wanoga had been recently been groomed and were still in good condition.

After checking out the drags we opted to explore some of the other areas in the trees between Wanoga and Kapka and found lots of decent untouched fresh snow... Nothing too deep and/or fluffy, but it was soft. And the visibility appeared to be better in the lower elevations.

You might also consider the Paulina Lake area for less traffic than what you will find in route to the Bachelor area.

We're heading to Diamond Lake this weekend to see if we can find any fresh snow down there...

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Sorry no fresh snow at Diamond, we tore it all up :) Good to hear the trails are decent, we are probably going to end up over there next weekend.

A
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks guys. Sounds like most of the areas close to Bend get fairly packed on the weekends, so we will plan on getting there early.

Is there any good riding out toward Sisters/Santiam?...Was thinking of hitting that area on the way home.

Thanks again.

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Thanks guys. Sounds like most of the areas close to Bend get fairly packed on the weekends, so we will plan on getting there early.

Is there any good riding out toward Sisters/Santiam?...Was thinking of hitting that area on the way home.

Thanks again.
3 Creeks south of Sisters which is north of Bachelor or Ray Benson at Hoo-Doo Santiam, head for sand Mtn. if this is your travel route!!! l<>l

Premium Features