• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togotee is getting some snow today!

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Spent the weekend up there. They need snow. Still some good pockets to play in, but it’s getting tracked up. We generally go around Christmas, so this year we were a few weeks later, but still less snow than we have seen the last few years. That being said it is still big country and you can always find fun riding.

M
Dec 19, 2020
I live in Moran just down the road from Togwotee and work at Togwotee, we are expecting a winter storm tonight through Friday. Hopefully we’ll get around 8-15” of fresh powder over the next few days. Still a lot of good riding, just need to look for it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I live in Moran just down the road from Togwotee and work at Togwotee, we are expecting a winter storm tonight through Friday. Hopefully we’ll get around 8-15” of fresh powder over the next few days. Still a lot of good riding, just need to look for it.
yup
all of us are looking forward to this LONG awaited storm!!!

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
Would you say it's worth coming out? Looking to come out there the week of the 15th as long as they can fit me in a guided group.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
US26287BlackrockRSEast.jpg

R
Apr 14, 2015
wisconsin
Would you say it's worth coming out? Looking to come out there the week of the 15th and
I could be wrong but that doesn't look the greatest

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
A friend rode on Monday there and he said its all tracked out. Nothing special for sure.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Togwotee tracked out?
Tip: Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
All Tracked Out usually means someone is just casually looking for open untouched snow.
NOT actually going off the main beaten down HIGHWAY trail from the lodge.

There is an AWFULL LOT OF SPACE between those colored lines to be ALL TRACKED OUT.;)
TWC+Course+Map[1].jpg

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
If you want to drive all that way here for marginal snow be my guest. I live here and ride every weekend here. Go look at the snotel totals for the last few weeks and judge for yourself. You nailed it we only tear up and down the main trail so yes that was tracked up!!??

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
If it keeps up after what hit last night it looks good. Got over a foot in alpine at my place overnight.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If it keeps up after what hit last night it looks good. Got over a foot in alpine at my place overnight.
What a difference just one little day makes in your comments.
Yesterday it was marginal.
And now, its worth the drive:ROFLMAO:

M
Dec 19, 2020
We’ve got a lot of snow in some areas and more dropping now!
It’s worth coming out, we were in deep untracked powder all day yesterday and it’s still snowing.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
funny how it snows and the conditions change. Crazy concept.
Exactly
Its why I spend SO MUCH TIME looking at weather before I tell people that there is plenty of UNTRACKED snow at Togwotee for them to come and play on.;)

Premium Features