• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To mod my m7 or to get a m8 ?? Need help please!!

C
Mar 20, 2011
so hard to say just what you should do, not sure how and where you ride.

if you have to write checks and can't do the mods yourself, put on a power claw track and ride it until you can afford more sled. Your chassis and suspension is really ok boondocking and riding powder until you get to the new 2012 Pc. thousand ways to throw money at the sled, like other mention, you 're going to leave the $$$ on the table when you sell, cuase 7's are now 3000 sleds no matter how many trinkets you hang on it.

Money spent riding the M7 is the best investment.

Im confused what your saying with this are you telling me to mod my 7 or not ? Also yes i could do most of the mods and work myself only thing i might do is ask a buddys who works on sleds for a living to help me tune it. Are you saying theres tons of m7's for $3000 i think there around the $3000-$3500 but most guys are asking $4000 + for them in the us.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Also all you guys are mentioning these powerclaws are they really that much better? I know there more agressive and all but what else is so good about them ?

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Power claw

Single-ply track, less rolling resistance=easier to turn=more power to the ground. Some dynos have shown 5-7 more track horsepower over stock challengers or attack 20's

C
Mar 20, 2011
Best bang for buck pc and light weight parts.

Pc ? What do you mean is that short for something ? What kind of light weight parts you talking about ?

I dont really want to a powerclaw guys i dont think its worth it... maybe it is but its pricey and gonna be hard to find used and im thinking ill just port mine. I cant find any good deals on m8s or anything in the price i want to spend so im thinking find used twins and a fuel controller then port my track some more venting and maybe some other little things and maybe a rk tek head i think i would be happy with that and have more power then a m8. Thoughts ?

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Best $500 you can spend on a m7 IMO then like said above start shedding weight. I have a project sled in my shop right now that should end up being around a 415# 150horse 141 m7. The funny thing is I never bought an actual snowmobile to start with. I purchased all used parts off this site, another sled site, and eBay. I won't have $2500 in it when complete and that's with every piece being re painted or powder coated. I've been joking calling it project sled in a box, because every piece has been delivered by ups or fed ex.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Best $500 you can spend on a m7 IMO then like said above start shedding weight. I have a project sled in my shop right now that should end up being around a 415# 150horse 141 m7. The funny thing is I never bought an actual snowmobile to start with. I purchased all used parts off this site, another sled site, and eBay. I won't have $2500 in it when complete and that's with every piece being re painted or powder coated. I've been joking calling it project sled in a box, because every piece has been delivered by ups or fed ex.

well where i live sleds are more pricey and get all mine out of the spokane WA area but even at that they still arnt as cheap as some of you guys can buy them. I found another stock m7 for $3200 and ive been watching it for a while so im thinking of getting it even though it has 3200 miles ill do a compression check and look everything over and its already piped and canned and reprogramed but im thinking of ripping the pipe and can off then selling it or something and getting twins and a fuel controller. I proably wont get that sled but just a idea. Any ways im thinking find a sled like that pick it up cheap then do twin pipes a fuel controller some more venting and maybe a pc track and rk tek head like some of you have mentioned. Any other ideas for light weight parts or good upgrades that arnt real $$$$. Also anyone know of some cheaper m7s that are stock or maybe have higher miles ? I want something in decent shape and not beat up though im thinking find something from the $2800-$3500 thats pretty well stock and mod that.

C
Mar 20, 2011
So guys like i said i think im going to mod mine been looking around and put up a add pmed some guys and some guys pmed me and for a 2010 or 2011 or even a 09 there like at least $6500 or more and i dont have that much to spend plus i firgure what the hell i can get more power and weigh less then a 2007-2009 m8. So now i need some opinions guys, Jaws,D&D,Slp twins or well if i see any CPC twins are they worth it ive seen a few on m7's and m1000's ? Also for a controll box boondocker ? I dont see much attitudes but are they any good ive seen some m7's with them. Also can i use a controller off a 1000 or 800 will it work on my 700 ? Same with the pipes will a set of 1000's pipes work on my sled ?

Edit: Also i dont think they are but if i have extra money or whatever are skis really worth it if i can pick some up cheap? Also would you guys only go after a powerclaw are ony other tracks like the polaris assualt tracks any good or like a challanger extreme 2.5 ? Also would you guys suggest running gauges for egts ect. ?

Sorry for all the questions firgured id put them all out there. Please try answer all them need lots of thoughts and opinions thanks guys !!!

Last edited:
C
Mar 20, 2011
^^^^^Look above up to posts and please reply/answer those questions. Also ive been thinking and i have lots of conections with modding trucks as thats what i do alot i can get really good deals on egt,oil psi gauges ect. from autometer ect. That are used on cars,trucks ect. Does anyone run them ? Do you guys see any problem in running say a autometer pyro vs. say a avenger or digatron ? Thanks again guys

C
Mar 20, 2011

Also what are you doing to shed that much weight. I firgure im around 450lbs because of my can and boss seat.

C
Mar 20, 2011
^^^^^Look above up to posts and please reply/answer those questions. Also ive been thinking and i have lots of conections with modding trucks as thats what i do alot i can get really good deals on egt,oil psi gauges ect. from autometer ect. That are used on cars,trucks ect. Does anyone run them ? Do you guys see any problem in running say a autometer pyro vs. say a avenger or digatron ? Thanks again guys

So guys like i said i think im going to mod mine been looking around and put up a add pmed some guys and some guys pmed me and for a 2010 or 2011 or even a 09 there like at least $6500 or more and i dont have that much to spend plus i firgure what the hell i can get more power and weigh less then a 2007-2009 m8. So now i need some opinions guys, Jaws,D&D,Slp twins or well if i see any CPC twins are they worth it ive seen a few on m7's and m1000's ? Also for a controll box boondocker ? I dont see much attitudes but are they any good ive seen some m7's with them. Also can i use a controller off a 1000 or 800 will it work on my 700 ? Same with the pipes will a set of 1000's pipes work on my sled ?

Edit: Also i dont think they are but if i have extra money or whatever are skis really worth it if i can pick some up cheap? Also would you guys only go after a powerclaw are ony other tracks like the polaris assualt tracks any good or like a challanger extreme 2.5 ? Also would you guys suggest running gauges for egts ect. ?

Sorry for all the questions firgured id put them all out there. Please try answer all them need lots of thoughts and opinions thanks guys !!!

Can anyone answer these questions that i asked above ?

M
Oct 20, 2009
I installed a 2.5" camo extreme on my 07 m8 and I was shocked at how much of a difference it made. I was able to sell my used challenger track to help offset the cost as it was still in good shape. Maybe you could do the same?

Premium Features