• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Blues - 21/22

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
In the spirit of tradition, it is time to start a new thread for the season.

Misc house keeping items:
A little birdy told me that the able skidoo riders are already wrenching. Go figure!
Both of the Warren Boys are not going to be able to join us until sometime in 2022 as they are recovering from some medical issues.
I am working on recruiting another new rider to team cat.

Mark your calendar. I plan to lead a ride from Bluewood to Tollgate the Saturday December 4th snow permitting if not we will postpone to the 11th. The reward is some awesome views, great company and fantastic food at the Tollgate Outpost. This is not a ride for newbies. Roundtrip it is just a smudge over 100 miles. You will need to be proficient at sidehilling.
Mr. Plum, if the Mrs. plans to come she must wear a mask. We do not need all of Walla Walla hear her yelling at you and maybe me..C368D7F9-AD53-4350-BF56-5DBA9CD6994C.jpeg5F970158-9890-43AE-8DEC-0777CE016D6B.jpeg52070BB3-6D51-4103-BE87-9AD3C9F02CC8.jpeg302F8721-46DB-4EC1-9083-2249E5B2886B.jpeg

Last edited:

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Fun times. Maybe I can get to my place at Tollgate and at least join you for lunch. You know I've ridden that both ways a lot of years and enjoyed found that with every one except maybe one Cat rider years ago. She rode double in a leaf spring Panther in the 90's and 26 was her ultimate top speed but we did rescue a stuck elk hunter way or there. The rides those days were Thanksgiving weekend before the snow got too deep.

Still gets too deep for Cats though. I'll be good but this hospital business is getting old.

The group Dayton to tollgate. I guess we didn't really get past Bone Springs did we?

20201205_105746.jpg

Last edited:

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Finally got up on the Blue Mountains riding the Mountain Road and Troy-Pomeroy... first yes bad about the fire...

but it will be awesome this winter!!!! A lot of areas opened up, roads were made into super wide fire breaks. The fire came a few feet shy of the Misery warm up cabin... this picture is an example as to how wide the fire breaks are.

1635732332759.png

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Finally got up on the Blue Mountains riding the Mountain Road and Troy-Pomeroy... first yes bad about the fire...

but it will be awesome this winter!!!! A lot of areas opened up, roads were made into super wide fire breaks. The fire came a few feet shy of the Misery warm up cabin... this picture is an example as to how wide the fire breaks are.

View attachment 378782
I bet you can still hit a tree.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Question as lurker from the west side, what snowpark are you guys staging out of? Sounds interesting out there, especially with the fire. That's the snowmobilers blessing in disguise. I'm looking to expand my horizons this season and try the other side of the state..

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I ride out of Cloverland, Rose Springs, occasionally Eckler. And the one I “hate” Touchet Corral”. Touchet has terrible snow? I am not sure why I keep going there over and over and over again.? Plus many times I have to ride with the three stooges when I go there. Slow learner I guess.

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
I ride out of Cloverland, Rose Springs, occasionally Eckler. And the one I “hate” Touchet Corral”. Touchet has terrible snow? I am not sure why I keep going there over and over and over again.? Plus many times I have to ride with the three stooges when I go there. Slow learner I guess.
I ride Touchet Corral which is Dayton and near the Bluewood Ski Area. Most of Dayton's fire was in the Wilderness between Dayton and Pomeroy. Pomeroy is Rose Springs over by the big part of the fire. Cloverland is way around the otherside going through Clarkston and South to get into the East side of the Blues. I've never ridden that side and probably every 2-3 years at Rose Springs. They don't get the snow Dayton and Tollgate get My other riding area is the NE Oregon side of the Blues which is the Tollgate area. It is about 65 miles around to that side from Dayton. I have a place there is my main reason I go to that side. It was good deep snow last winter as anything in the PNW other than maybe Halfway, OR.

We still love CB.8 no matter who he rides with.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
I ride Touchet Corral which is Dayton and near the Bluewood Ski Area. Most of Dayton's fire was in the Wilderness between Dayton and Pomeroy. Pomeroy is Rose Springs over by the big part of the fire. Cloverland is way around the otherside going through Clarkston and South to get into the East side of the Blues. I've never ridden that side and probably every 2-3 years at Rose Springs. They don't get the snow Dayton and Tollgate get My other riding area is the NE Oregon side of the Blues which is the Tollgate area. It is about 65 miles around to that side from Dayton. I have a place there is my main reason I go to that side. It was good deep snow last winter as anything in the PNW other than maybe Halfway, OR.

We still love CB.8 no matter who he rides with.
whoa, wait... I ride with CB8....

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Well I am single handedly leading the effort to reintroduce cats into the Blues. There is rumor that there will be a new rider on a burnt forest camo cat. Brian will be a welcome addition to the group. He is young, smart, polite and most importantly he has a strong back!E0061C88-F35F-41E4-BEB5-B24CC30D1B41.jpeg

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Yeah but you lost a Cat and a Doo and two Warren out brothers that met up in rehab for a hall race. One couldn't get off the table the other couldn't get out of his chair. Called that one a draw.

Premium Features