• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tampico / Yakima Report

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Your Waist or mine?

I'm pretty short you know.....:face-icon-small-win

That sure sounds like good news. I'm ready to get after it, and I know better than to try and road ride.:rolleyes:

Have you worn out that new sled yet? I've put on about 375 miles right in the trailer! Haven't gotten stuck once yet this year! Bagger

M
Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT.
Supposed to go to Seahawks game Sunday, and at least use one of my season tickets this year, but with all of this snow they might have to wait till next year.

Hasn't stopped snowing all day, and it sounds like it is going to continue through the week. It's time for you to get some real miles on the sled. No more bench miles !

The snow park has about 2 feet in it right now, kind of tough to turn in at the first entrance by the ranger station.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
BC NewYears

Wish, will ya'll be at #18 for NY's? We are heading up the Thurs or Fri before and staying at #6 untill we wake up the 1st.....or 2nd !

Sold the old black truck, the new one's brown? gold? anyway not black, same old trailer though.

Hope to see all of ya'll up there. J

P
Mar 25, 2003
Ellensburg, WA
drove up to the snow park about 7:30 tonight. That 2' must have really settled. 33 degrees and raining lightly. Pass report says changing to snow later with 5-10 inches additional. Going up in the am, then again Thursday. Will post reports.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Tow Rig

Plumr, I'm guessin' you didn't ride the bike up? :)

Please do post findings, I'm breaking out in hives here.........B:beer;

M
Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT.
drove up to the snow park about 7:30 tonight. That 2' must have really settled. 33 degrees and raining lightly. Pass report says changing to snow later with 5-10 inches additional. Going up in the am, then again Thursday. Will post reports.

You're right , the snow did settle late this afternoon when the freezing rain came in for a couple of hours. Was up at the snow park earlier today while it was snowing quite heavily. Vic will probably be up at the snow park tomorrow plowing the parking lot, and then onto grooming the trails later.

J
Nov 26, 2007
tri-cities, wa
bagger,

lil miss wish and i are headed up friday to monday this week and then back again on thurs or friday till the 1st.

we'll see ya up there.

scott

thanks for the snow reports guys/ gals

sounds like it's finally on ... good base.. new snow. :)

P
Mar 25, 2003
Ellensburg, WA
Here's the report hot off the hill. Parking lot not plowed, but it doesn't need to be yet. Was snowing when we arrived at 9:30 and snowed all damn day:). Went up north fork and you could start to play at about snow cabin elevation. 9-10 inches new at that point and only got better from there. Headed toward Blue Lake, couldn't make it (too much snow for our wimpy little sleds, my buddy has a new rev XP X and me on my little Struthers 975). About 20 inches and blown in to 4 feet at this point. Headed for Super Bowl, Went up roller coaster and could only make it to within about 100 yards of the road. Once again too much snow:). At this point there was about 30 inches of fresh with drifts and fill ins that were very very deep. Went back down roller to the road up to the east to super bowl. Was blown in and had a very long side hill to the hair pin. Made the turn and hit 5+ foot drifts. Did I say no grooming? Went back down a little lower and played in meadows and the new logged areas that we better wind protected and had a hoot all day. The wind quit about 2:30 but kept snowing. Tomorrows ride fell through, so will be back on Sunday. With all the storms predicted, it should be epic. Great start (finally) to the season.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Moxee WA
I'm going up tommorrow "Thurs", I finally got my friends to get off their asses and go. Ive heard from several people that it should be great. Ill report back what I find. There will be three of us, one M8, one 2003 rmk and one mod sled, If you see us stop and say hi.

Steve

B
Nov 26, 2007
Moxee WA
I went up today with a couple of buddies and like was posted earlier, it was awsome. 2-3 ft powder drifts in areas and even deeper in other parts. We went up the north fork and went up roller coaster to lil bowl, wasnt easy then up past big bowl and down the backside to the middle fork, saw no tracks past big bowl 3-4 ft deep powder very challenging riding. We went out the middle fork and was punching trail on the main road, no tracks, snow drifts 5-7 feet deep. The some of the logging trails off the middle fork had "tank traps" in them so beware you cant jump them and you cant really go around. Have fun, but be safe, probably wont be a good day for newbies so leave them home.

Steve:beer;

Premium Features