• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit XP PTek Electrical Problem/Question

S
Mar 29, 2022
Bend, Oregon
I was riding around on an icy day getting bashed around bumping left and right and now my 95% of the time my gauges and headlights are off, reverse doesn't work, and handwarmers/thumbwarmer doesn't work. I have a PTek and it will startup and run and I can still ride and everything works. Sounds like there is some master chassis control system or "ccu" as I have been reading about them that may have a loose plug from all my bouncing around. Where would that be located on this sled and where should I check?

Thanks!

S
Mar 29, 2022
Bend, Oregon
That is a super helpful articles, however, I am not seeing any relays. I've Google image searched my XP Ptek and it makes it seem like it should be in the image below that I posted, but it's not there :/PXL_20220415_031503158.MP.jpg

PXL_20220415_031503158.MP.jpg

D
Nov 2, 2008
Maybe slide the airbox out and look on the far side of that opening. I think they are tucked in there, kinda by the oil tank.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
From my XP days: I would try the instrument pod connectors first. As I recall, everything goes through the larger plug. Check that all the wires are seated into the pins, and that the pins are making contact. Also, this plug is where a lot of continuity tests can be run, maybe isolating another plug, or checking a relay. Have fun!

Premium Features