• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something cool we are testing for the Pro

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
quick question and this may be a stupid one.

aren't the stock polaris a-arms designed to be weak so in the even that you clip a stump the a-arm will demolish itself. Thus saving the bulkhead.

Are these going to be too strong so if you do hit something on the front end it will in turn bend and tweak the bulkhead?

I know ski doo had HUGE problems with this - they even had a whole aftermarket "BRACE KIT" to stiffen up the flyin NUN area.

just thinking out load here

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs

aren't the stock polaris a-arms designed to be weak so in the even that you clip a stump the a-arm will demolish itself. Thus saving the bulkhead.

Are these going to be too strong so if you do hit something on the front end it will in turn bend and tweak the bulkhead?

I know ski doo had HUGE problems with this - they even had a whole aftermarket "BRACE KIT" to stiffen up the flyin NUN area.

The stock arms are too weak, I have yet to hurt a bulkhead on a Polaris using aftermarket A arms. I did get tired of bending A arms though. Z Broz all the way!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Saw these at the snow show yesterday.

Absolutely disgusting looking!

I hope they perform as good as they look

I know, I love them!

Paul,

What is the stance, with the skis centered on the spindle?

Where did ya get the R-EVOL's with the Kashima Coat?

Center to Center is the stock width shocks came from FOX.

These aren't just to look cool, they are engineered like any stock a-arm that will break before the bulkhead is damaged.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Same set up on a 2013 Polaris Pro RMK with the addition of the new spindles.

SPGPro.jpg

SPGPolarisProSpindle.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
So is the 13 model using the stock length shocks?

Looks like your lower arm shock mount has two holes so it will work with a 2013 length are the 11 to 12 length shocks?.

What's the weight savings?

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
The stock arms are too weak, I have yet to hurt a bulkhead on a Polaris using aftermarket A arms. I did get tired of bending A arms though. Z Broz all the way!

The stock a-arms aren't weak, unless you're hitting chit that you really should be driving around. I've got 800 miles of tree riding on mine and my buddies have up to 2000 miles on their Pros with no a-arm damage. Maybe try riding around the "trash", instead of through it.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
So is the 13 model using the stock length shocks?

Looks like your lower arm shock mount has two holes so it will work with a 2013 length are the 11 to 12 length shocks?.

What's the weight savings?

The shock length is different that the stock set up and require spherical bushings. As for weight I don't know that it will weigh less than the stock set up maybe equal....but twice as strong. These are just proto types so what the end product will be is up in the air.

The stock a-arms aren't weak, unless you're hitting chit that you really should be driving around. I've got 800 miles of tree riding on mine and my buddies have up to 2000 miles on their Pros with no a-arm damage. Maybe try riding around the "trash", instead of through it.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Thanks for the riding tip.

howd she handle?

We had 3" of snow and I put 1 mile on this set up so unknown. I haven't set the shocks up for me yet either so the fact I noticed the sway bar was gone in 1 mile may have something to do with the lack of set up.

Premium Features