• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So Disapointing.....

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
We rode Boulder yesterday, finally caught a little sunshine, ..took the Girls up for an enjoyable day of sledding. We had a spare sled for them to use, but they were pretty much Newbies to Mountain Sledding so we didn't go back very far, just playing in the Super Bowl and Sugar Bowl areas. Nice fresh powder, foot and a half deep of dry sifting POW. The girls were doing ok, couple of minor stucks but having fun and laughing as they went.

Later in the afternoon we decided to show them the view down the 90 chute from the top. We opted to leave the spare sled behind and double them with us, around to the top, as it would have challenged their skills to get there doubling on there own sled. As such, we left thier sled and one spare jerry can, full of C12 race gas, in a wide open section between the Sugar Bowl and Lower Bull Pen.

We were standing at the top of the 90, with a view of the entire south aspect of the Sugar bowl area, perhaps 500 metres as the crow would fly from the parked sled and fuel can. We noticed two sleds pull up and circle back around our parked sled.

The rider on the yellow XM Skidoo went over and grabbed our jerry can, looked around and then dumped it into his sled, ..while his gal watched from 20' behind him. All the while we were watching from on top of the 90, and taking their pictures with a D90 Nikon with a 200mm zoom lense. When the jerry can was empty, he threw the can at the parked sled, tucked the fuel can tie down strap into his sled and drove off, with his gal following.

We had friends coming back from the Airport, we got them on our radios and asked that they drive over to interceed with this thieving pair of azzhats.

We never lost site of the thieving pair, they drove up into the Sugar Bowl, stopping for a few minutes, made a short poke at the north face, then were in the centre of the Bowl when our friends caught up with them.

When confronted they of course denied any involvement. Our friends were not fulling aware of what had gone down, as such they let them go. Meanwhile we were enroute back to the area to talk with the pair. Once we had lost direct site of the pair we could not prove who they were, they had joined up with a group of their friends, young guys and gals. We had no proof other than the pics in the camera.

Lesson learned I guess, we have been riding this mountain and this area for 18 years, ..never had or seen anything like this before. Usually fellow sledders will do anything to help each other out, ...not steal from each other. Seems like there is a different demoghrapic of young sledders out here these days that don't share the ethics and morals of past generations. Takes a lot of nerve to steal someones gas in broad daylight in a wide open area. Even though it was a $50 can of gas, thats a very cheap price tag to put on your reputation!!!!!

If they had needed gas and asked us for some, we would have been happy to help out, but that wasnt the case as thier group had spare fuel with them.

Hopefully they, or their frends will see this post and think about ther actions. Perhaps carma will catch up them, give them a good boot in the azz, and some well deserved bad luck!!! We have zoomed the pics up on the computer, you can clearly see the pair and their sleds, pics don't seem to be loading this morning, perhaps later.

Rant over

The rest of the day was good, the Newbie girls enjoyed a great day and are considering getting involved in sledding.

Cheers

CR

N
Nov 26, 2007
Chinook Pass, Wa
Nice, friggin morons. Seems to be a lot more of that type of stuff going in every aspect of life these days...needs to be some more azz whoopins handed out....Glad you at least had a good day of riding some POW, we haven't seen any pow since before christmas.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Hopefully Karma will pay them back.
What a bunch of losers.
On the other side, I met several great sledders yesterday, one of which helped me with a fouled plug and later pulled my truck out of a ditch.
There are still a lot of great folks out there, and thank God they far out number the others.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
So sorry to hear that Ron, that is a major bummer. But I do want to kind of take a stand for the newer demographic of sledders, as I am a younger rider too and don't want to start getting a name for us because of age. I agree there are some total azzhats everywhere, and yes a lot of them are younger punk kids.... But the fact of the matter is, Revy in general is terrible for theft. There have been years and years of post after post of stuff being stolen in revy. Whole trucks and trailers, sleds, fuel, gear etc. Revy is one of my all time favorite places to go, and we do 20-30 times a year generally. But it has always been a crappy place for theft.... I don't know why it seems to be that way, sure wish we could all put a stop to this!!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Please post the pics. Hopefully some of their peers will recognize them and call them on it. Something like that will follow you all your life, in sledding circles anyway, let him think about that when he pulls up to a cabin and people start picking up their gear and walking away from him.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Please post the pics. Hopefully some of their peers will recognize them and call them on it. Something like that will follow you all your life, in sledding circles anyway, let him think about that when he pulls up to a cabin and people start picking up their gear and walking away from him.

Agreed yes I think it would be vital to see photos.

I'm with Blown Motor on this one. Don't kick the younger generation and throw us all into one category as punks/thieves. As a younger rider that rides with pretty much all guys in their mid 20's I don't think it would of crossed any of our minds to steal something. We come across plenty of sleds just sitting on the side of the trial or in an area and if anything ride over to make sure everybody is ok then continue on our mission. Sorry about your loss and hopefully Karma catches up with them.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I hate THIEVES!

Some folks just have no integrity today. To risk your entire reputation on $50 worth of fuel is sick. Not to mention it's just wrong. :censored:

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
So ridiculous. Im sure he didnt know it was C12 so he was doing it for half that $25. I dont get people these days. To bad it wasnt diesel lol :)

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
I most definately...

I most definately do not mean to generalise that this is an issue with all younger enthusiasts.

We have always encouraged and supported young riders, ..and it makes me feel good when we cross paths with young people that started years before and we meet up with them again later. Never a bad or regretful moment ever.

I welcome all young and new people to our sport.

I shouldn't have insinuated that young people are at fault. This is purely a bunch of Azzhats!! They exist everywhere it seems.

As a resident of Revelstoke, I defend our town and community's reputation when it comes to sled crime in general. Yes, there are sleds stolen, but what is the percentage of stolen units versus total sleds in town over a season??

I will try and post the pics again tomorrow, they wouldn't load this morning and I have to run right now.

The deep fresh pow was a pleasant surprise too!!

Cheers

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Thieves are getting bad these days. Heard of a few first hand accounts of attempted thefts of sleds in Cooke this year. Had a new pair of gloves stolen off my sled in front of the Sinclair, and a frien had his motorfist coat taken off his bar stool in soda butte this weekend. I have always heard if revy being bad for theft, but I guess Cooke is the same these days

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Far play...

Leave a can of 4gal of gas with a healthy mix of water and alcohol for them to steal next time. Burn down a motor in no time at all.

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I learned about the theiveing a couple years ago here. Granted i wasnt the victom but i was the first to discover it.

Buddy rented a sled, it broke an a arm barely into the back country. Barely meaning we left the lodge snaked through the tight trail through the trees and the first time it opens up into riding it just fell off right beside me.
Well we left it and doubled up to run back for the lodges tow rig. By the time we got back someone stole the secondary clutch and belt!
I think my buddy got charged for it. Lesson learned

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Thanks for all the support everyone! I wanna get this guy so bad! wearing all monster gear, monster helmet, monster jacket. totally stock 2013 xp with black and yellow. his chick riding with him was was tall with a long braded pony tail down to her lower back, she was riding a late model rev with black and red hood. I will get these pics up right away!

Thanks

Laird M.

PS Revy is a wicked place to ride and normally pretty safe, really don't intend to discourage! just want this guy to never want to come back here!

Premium Features