• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy range snow condtions?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
They are also in a winter storm watch. They are talking 12-20". I am heading there tomorrow morning.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
The recent storm finally put the base where it ought to be. Not saying everything is covered, far from it, but we're not in too bad of shape now.

That said, it's been incredibly busy. Busier than ever.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Just left here early week was good. Plenty of open creeks yet. Base is finally shaping up. Its the most sledders ive have ever seen here. Just plain busy busy.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I want to give a recommendation for the Bunkhouse Motel in Guernsey, WY.
We stayed there on our way home, and we were treated very well.
If you want the newest place, this isn't it. But if you want clean rooms, good rates, friendly service and treatment like they want you to come again, then you'll love this place!
Great breakfast, and I'm not talking the make yourself a waffle, run of the mill continental breakfast. No, I'm talking fresh made breakfast burritos, fresh skillet of cinnamon rolls!
And I can't forget Garth, the very friendly resident Orange Tabby!

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Just returned from a 4-day stay at Mountain Meadow Cabins. Total white-out when taking our stuff to the cabin on Wednesday. Snowed all night, woke up to about a foot of new snow. Wind approx. 60 mph gusts. We ventured out onto U trail, crawling along about 10-20 mph. We figured conditions would be better in the warming hut valley on N trail. Worked our way to the hut, but wind still creating white-out, even in the valley/trees. Returned to cabin. Woke up Friday to another foot of snow, and the wind had not decreased any. In fact, it seemed even higher! Tried it again, but could not see 8 feet in front of your sled. Everyone's goggles icing up, so returned to cabin. Guys in the other cabins also ventured out, only to return about an hour or so later. Those people in the next 3 cabins left a day early. Saturday, woke up to at least another foot of snow, and wind still howling! We didn't even bother. Left Sunday morning. Truck & trailer were drifted in by the wind. Dug out, and a passer-by hooked up to help us pull out to where the road was plowed. He left. Still snowing, and the wind seemed higher than ever! Driver couldn't see, and drove into a drift. We dug out again. 2 of us walked in front of the truck to show where the road was. We got down to Green Rock lot, and got into truck. Snow pretty much stopped by the time we got down to Centennial, and the sun came out! First time in 4 days that we'd seen that. So, this storm just sat on top of the mountain, snowing and blowing for 5 straight days. If the wind ever dies down to improve visibility, there's lots of new powder up there to be carved up! Hope this gives you the impression of recent conditions. While we were in Wyoming, a total of 8 snow skiers were killed in avalanches in Colorado. o_O

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Just returned from a 4-day stay at Mountain Meadow Cabins. ...... (see above for full story)

Headed out tonight for Albany. With all the fresh snow, we will be in the flats and trees for sure. When the storm clears, it will be incredible ! Not just the riding, but the scenery.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
We are leaving tomorrow early AM for the Saratoga side. I sure hope we can get a couple good visibility days! We've rode out of centennial many times in the conditions sledcaddie had. No fun not being able to see or having to turn back and sit in the cabin.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
We are leaving tomorrow early AM for the Saratoga side. I sure hope we can get a couple good visibility days! We've rode out of centennial many times in the conditions sledcaddie had. No fun not being able to see or having to turn back and sit in the cabin.
The shower house at the hobo pool is closed, but the hobo pool itself is open!

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
From last Friday the 5th. We rode fri- Monday. Friday was insane. Each day after that was a little more set up. Monday was a great day for hopping the logs and popping pillows in the trees

31B134DF-8AC1-496D-B337-26825AAFF279.jpeg 3DF959C4-6BC9-430D-8975-9C887E25A8F0.jpeg 9FD06706-14EE-43D2-8588-DCE7974839F0.jpeg

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Headed out tonight for Albany. With all the fresh snow, we will be in the flats and trees for sure. When the storm clears, it will be incredible ! Not just the riding, but the scenery.
Found great snow from north of W and NE of Q. Seams the base has started to get set up. Wasn't down to the dirt in a trench. Good wknd !

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
We rode out of ten mile on the west side and rode mostly between N,V and NO. It snowed about 18in over the 4 days we rode 2/12-2/15 with a pretty firm base below. It was really fun snow, plenty of fluff for carving and sidehilling but with lots of traction going uphill.
d9670fb20ee4b3a541159e3e49367618.jpg
30f115f3266762817fc0f7d647531a26.jpg
df00ab95bd67c0d4fce0adfa99d9b8b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Premium Features