• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWesters of Michigan ride?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
This season how many michigan guys would be willing to get together for a Michigan ride? Where's the best place to go? What dates? Give it some thought.

Thanks guys

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Perhaps. The challenge with Michigan is the varying snow conditions. It's not like out West wher you can count on pretty good snow at elevation Jan to Mar. I've become a bit of a junior storm chaser here. A lot of our rides are audibles, called out the night before. We see an area get pounded, pack our bags and go.

Long story, short; I'd be hard to preplan a group ride if you want really good conditions, especially off-trail.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Perhaps. The challenge with Michigan is the varying snow conditions. It's not like out West wher you can count on pretty good snow at elevation Jan to Mar. I've become a bit of a junior storm chaser here. A lot of our rides are audibles, called out the night before. We see an area get pounded, pack our bags and go.

Long story, short; I'd be hard to preplan a group ride if you want really good conditions, especially off-trail.

I'll agree with ya on that.... One reason why I put the snow accumulation sticky on the top of the michigan forum :)

Premium Features