• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNEAK PEAK... ALL NEW 2012 TIMBERSLED MOUNTAIN TAMER SUSPENSION

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Exciting to see this released, going to be a busy season for us TS dealers. :becky:

I think a lot of the past complaints of the TS skid were because of the float shocks, I have been VERY impressed with the Exits shocks on the Mtn Tamer, its a completely different skid than it was with floats on it.

I also read the description of the kit to indicate that the adjustable Exit shock will be the rear in an X1 form, the front track shock is still listed as Exit IFP and is shown as such in the information on the website.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
wow 2 arms and clickers are 1800.i need a better job:)

Last edited:

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
I just bought z broz for my current mtn tamer. Can I slap the shocks I have now into the new suspension or do I need different length shocks and different valving?

I checked with Nate at Zbroz on the ability to re construct the Exit shock off your 2011 and older Mtn. Tamer. It is possible and will cost about $250. This price is not set in stone yet. You will only need to do the back shock. The front shock will work as is. On the Fox Float shock this will not be possible. All the parts would cost more than a new shock.

If you buy the kit less shock and use your existing Exit shocks, you could buy the new kit for $950. If you want to do this you can go through us or directly through Zbroz.

Allen

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well our canadian dollar is more then the US dollar so its a bargain for us canadian guys..now if we only earned as much as the Americans..lol

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
I got this question on another forum and in PM's so I thought I'd post it up here too.

Has the "New" Mountain tamer been proven I hardly believe you will be able to adjust the little nut to add coupling to your suspension in the mountains most everything is froze solid?

The new 2012 Mtn. Tamer is not something we decided to build one day. It is the result of 5 years of suspension development and testing both in the shop AND on the snow. The All New 2012 Timbersled Mtn Tamer incorporates all that we have learned during that time. This new unit and new shock package offers all of this new technology. It was thoroughly tested and refined to provide the best possible function.

I can see where you are coming from and why you would be concerned about the mechanism icing up... we were too and included these features to keep this from happening. The coupling adjuster knob has the ability to make the knob easier or harder to turn. The threads have adjustable plastic insert that acts like a nylock nut system. All parts are Type III Hard Coat anodized so the snow will not freeze to the aluminum. Industrial Type III anodizing should not be confused with typical colored anodizing...Ice flat out does not stick to it. Even the knob is clear hard anodized. Some snow will cling to the parts but when you touch it, it falls off. We have tested this function extensively on the snow. I have to say it is the coolest and most useful feature I have ever come across on a mountain snowmobile rear suspension...Quick, easy and durable.

For video, photos and information on the Mt Tamer, check out web pages

Also, we have a pre-season special with $100 off the kit AND free shipping.

mt2012adB.png

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Allen, for refreshing our memories on coupled suspensions!

For those with a gray hair or two, you might remember some tech articles from the mid nineties about the coupling of the original, M-10.

All (I think) front arms are falling rate by design. The closer to bottoming the arm comes, the less mechanical leverage the shock has on the arm.

On the rear arm with a scissor, this can be manipulated with the mounting points of the rear shock on the cross shaft and the mounting of the "pull-rods".
This creates a rising rate rear arm.

Coupled suspensions have two falling rate arms, and I've only seen a secondary spring on the original M-10. Polaris had their Xtra-12 suspension with arms a direct copy of M-10 (I've had both in my hands at the same time) but they added big shocks, one in "scissor-arm" mounting, pluss torsion spring to get it stiff.

If Timbersled and K-mod has fine tuned these suspensions to give us good hill climbing abilities, boondocking AND some trail comfort, they deserve alot of praise!!

Curt at FTX says the Timbersled has surpassed the M-10 in that they are lighter, really good climbing suspensions AND works good when playing in the trees.

And one big pluss: they mount to your stock holes so you keep the resale value at max.

Respect.

Rune

Premium Features